Review: Warm Bodies- Isaac Marion

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Topcho
Favorite Author: J.R.R.Tolkien
Currently Reading: z2
Bookshelf Size: 853
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topcho.html
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly

Re: Review: Warm Bodies- Isaac Marion

Post by Topcho »

I loved the book so much that to this point I haven't yet watched the movie. The book was perfect - I loved the sound of it, the words, the sentiment, the philosophy. And in the same time, it was still a zombie novel, and it had its share of gross.
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly
Maybeitsso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Maybeitsso »

I'll admit, I feel silly for not knowing a book behind this movie existed! News to me. Now I have another amazing book (by the looks of it) to add to my collection of "must reads". I do love most things zombie related so I hope it fits all of my predispositions. Super excited!
Megwe85
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar

Post by Megwe85 »

I wasn't sure what to expect with a zombie romance but I enjoyed it. I also didn't realize it was a young adult novel when I checked it out at the library. I found the story to be somewhat simple but well written. I would definitely recommend it to a YA audience.
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
The-happy-reader-7
Currently Reading: Mirror Mirror
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-happy-reader-7.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by The-happy-reader-7 »

Warning: may contain spoilers. In this book, Marion reiterates the expression "love heals" in this heart warming and highly unusual modern twist of romeo and juliet. In this tale however, instead of dying for love, well love gives the dead a second chance. In other words, the complete opposite happens. I love that the zombies had something similar to political structure. This book made me laugh on many occasions and i love its overall message.
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sydney Lee »

I think it was a great book. It wasn't my favorite, but it definitely offered something different plot-wise when it comes to zombies.

I wish the movie and book weren't so different, though. On their own, they're fine. But comparing the two, to me, it kind of makes you question, wait, this movie is based off of this book? Just my opinion.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”