Review: Gone Girl By Gillian Flynn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sally Balboa
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-balboa.html
Latest Review: "The Last Daughter of Lilith" by J.L. Metcalf

Review: Gone Girl By Gillian Flynn

Post by Sally Balboa »

Flynn does her best to confuse you and accuse everyone in the novel, she finds all the ways she can to make you also accuse everyone. I imagine it's what the Salem Witch Trials were like. Accusations left and right and when one person in particular is picked it gets nasty.

This novel takes place right after the MC wife goes missing. The first thing that happens is that the husband is accused, why? The kitchen floor is covered in blood and there is a diary left behind by his wife. It accuses him of things that border on rape, being a filthy pig, and many other horrible things that the MC never confirms or denies. But what we are all asking ourselves is, did he do it? If so, why?

This novel was so filled with suspense that the book practically makes you sit up straight while reading, because you keep expecting the monster to come out of the closet and you just know you are going to scream.

The only thing I did not like about this novel is that the ending was awful, but it had such a wonderful build up that you'll just sort of snarl at the end, in disappointment.
Latest Review: "The Last Daughter of Lilith" by J.L. Metcalf
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicated topic

Gone Girl
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”