Review of The Super Blue Blood Moon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Review of The Super Blue Blood Moon

Post by jennydelacruz »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Super Blue Blood Moon" by Lyne Delmonte.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have always enjoyed stories about the supernatural; vampires, werewolves, witches, fairies, and so on. I appreciate books and novels with good storylines combined with satisfying execution. The Super Blue Blood Moon by Lyne Delmonte did not fall flat.

It is that time of the year again, where members of NACOS gather for the start of the new season. NACOS stands for the North American Council of Supernaturals. It was founded to create a bond between different beings that will make them work together because historically, supernatural species were hostile towards each other. The Dunning Family Circus is a NACOS unit that travels all over the country performing. The Grand Council occasionally directs them to locations where problems have arisen involving other supernatural species.

While this year's performers include witches and warlocks, vampires, elves, shapeshifters, werewolves, and Nephilims, the props and concession staff are all human. The circus has been set up in the city of Ybor where a number of girls have gone missing. It has been suspected that supernatural forces were at work.

The preparation for the show has begun while investigating the case of the missing girls. It had been known that all of the girls were practicing Wiccans. The Warriors went out to enjoy themselves after an exhausting day of practice and rehearsals. They went to a club called The Fortress. Everyone had fun and enjoyed themselves. Just before leaving, they discovered that their friend, Sheyla, had gone missing. Sheyla had just joined the warriors and is a witch.

Is Sheyla’s disappearance connected to the case of the missing girls? Will they be able to find her? Who is behind this and what are his or her motives for doing so? I propose you read the book to find out. It is a thrilling journey and an enchanting adventure.

Lyne Delmonte did a great job introducing the characters, not to mention, the brief background to build up the entire story. The description of the scenes was adequately presented and well, magical. In addition to that, she also did a great job triggering my emotions through her writing style. The teenager in me giggled when scenes of couples were narrated. I also enjoy the little humour in this book. As we all know, those who were not inbred vampires stop aging the moment they turn into one. The banter between the great grandfather (age 27) and the granddaughter (age 21) is entertaining. Allow me to cite an example of their amusing conversation. “Delaney, I am not that old,” Baines retorted. “Are you kidding, Baines? When you were a boy, the dead sea was just sick.”

The book has a few slips, nevertheless, it did not influence my overall reading experience. I believe they are worth mentioning for improvement. I guess the issue with the spacing is due to the PDF formatting and the editors can have a look at it for a swift fix. Minor errors in spelling and grammar were spotted which can easily be edited. An example is the inconsistent spelling of Connor. On some pages, it’s spelled as Conner.

I recommend the book to young adults (in heart, mind, and body) who enjoy stories about supernatural and mythical beings, adventure, and fantasy. It is essential to note that the book contains some references from the Bible but not preaching. Furthermore, a few descriptions of death and intimate acts are present.

I have reached the end of my review. With all that said, I am rating this book a 4 out of 4 stars. The Super Blue Blood Moon by Lyne Delmonte is light and entertaining. Don’t we all need a break from everything that’s going on right now? This is a good-to-read book to escape reality for a while and refresh our minds.

The Super Blue Blood Moon
View: on Bookshelves
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

We all surely need a break right about now. This one seems like an interesting read to take one's mind of stuff. Good job on the review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

The super natural draws me for sure. I love the bit of humor you shared in the review about the dead sea🤣, and although I am far from being a young adult, I think I will enjoy this book I am adding it to my bookshelf. Thank you for the review. 👌
🕉Be Here Now⌛
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:

Post by jennydelacruz »

RHD wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 21:44 We all surely need a break right about now. This one seems like an interesting read to take one's mind of stuff. Good job on the review.

Thank you for your comments :)
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:

Post by jennydelacruz »

Niens Now wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 03:42 The super natural draws me for sure. I love the bit of humor you shared in the review about the dead sea🤣, and although I am far from being a young adult, I think I will enjoy this book I am adding it to my bookshelf. Thank you for the review. 👌
Thank you, Niens Now.
That's absolutely hilarious! :lol:
Oh, we all are young adults, maybe not physically but we can be emotionally or mentally :D
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Another first in a series. Yay!!! I enjoy reading about things that could actually happen (the girls disappearing) and occasionally about things that are just fun (supernatural creatures).
Thanks for the review.
Emmanuel Luyakha
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Emmanuel Luyakha »

This is an elaborate review. Though am also a young adult, am not much into novels with vampires, witches and other supernatural phenomena, as they seem incomprehensible. Anyway, thank you for your time and the good review.
Emmanuel Luyakha
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Emmanuel Luyakha »

This is an elaborate review. Though am also a young adult, am not much into novels with vampires, witches and other supernatural phenomena, as they seem incomprehensible. Anyway, thank you for your time and the good review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”