Review of Love Today For Tomorrow, Wake up kids

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Review of Love Today For Tomorrow, Wake up kids

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love Today For Tomorrow, Wake up kids" by Hubert Severe.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In his book, Hubert Severe is eager to take us on a journey of relevant teachings. I generally regard them as the right behaviours, lifestyle, or things to do in certain categories of relationships and life. Precisely, this concise book called Love Today For Tomorrow, Wake up kids contains the advice, admonition, and call to action of different classes, gender, or groups of people in society. They range from parents, women, single parents, men, churches, and several others. Indeed, this book was borne from a good intention and predicated on the concept of love and humanity. Furthermore, the author delved into certain inappropriate behaviors people exhibit and the consequences it has on individuals related to them, building healthy relationships, being intentional and knowing what you want, and many more.

I appreciate this book because it covers an important area of life, which I like to call human relationships and interactions. Since love and respect are our guiding principles in a healthy relationship, this book was beneficial to me and increased my knowledge on how to better relate with humans and be a person who acts based on humanity.

I observed something, which I wouldn’t term a negative comment (and I have none). This is regarding what the author wrote about how men and women in a heterosexual relationship should behave. He seemed conservative as most things he specified each gender should do, although they are not bad, are merely the traditional roles of the sexes. However, I am of the view that there can also be a healthy relationship that has both parties performing roles conventionally assigned to the other.

An excellent editor professionally edited this book as I found just a few minor errors. Furthermore, I finish the books that hook my interest fast, and the same was the case for this book. There were no dull moments at all, and I learned a lot from it. Since it had this effect on me, I have no other choice than to give it a rating of four out of four stars.

Love Today For Tomorrow, Wake up kids will be of great help to adults, who will most likely be in one kind of relationship or the other, whether family or romantic; therefore, I recommend it to them. Although the author mentioned following the rules of love given by God and even shared scriptures for further reading in the appendix section, I believe that this book can be read by people of any belief. According to the author, it is for people of 21 years and above. They will appreciate this book, as there are lots of lessons and principles to adopt.

Love Today For Tomorrow, Wake up kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

Hi, thank you for the wonderful review. This seems like a nice light-hearted book to read. I feel that the world needs a little more love in it, not necessarily in the relationship sense but also in the sense of people appreciating each other. I agree that the gender roles for heterosexual relationships don't have to be stereotyped. Have a lovely day.
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I like that the author targets different groups and outlines how those members should interact with society. I, however, agree with you that modern-day couples should overlook traditional gender roles and employ methods that work in their situations.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

This sounds like a lighthearted and warm read. From your review, it sounds like the kind of book we all need to read, especially when times are hard. Thank you for your great review!
Jenester
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jenester »

This is the best as it has a lot to tell about fighting for our future
MysticSpade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticspade.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by MysticSpade »

You know, I was skeptical about reading this when you mentioned scriptures. But after reading this review and stating anyone of any belief could benefit from this book, I will definitely be giving this a read. Especially since it caters to all genders, sexuality, and all types of people. Nice job on your part my friend.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The review was fantastic; we all need a little direction from time to time when it comes to love, and the book appears to be both engaging and informative. Wonderful work on the review
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book promotes the concept of love and humanity.
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

I like the areas the book focuses on. It manages to provide a few things to help boost relationships and roles people should play. Wonderful review!
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I was intrigued by the title because I agree with it, you need to love today for tomorrow, if you don't love today, then you should identify what you don't love about it and find a way to fix it. I think that this is a great book to read if you really need a guide for personal relationships. Thanks for the review!
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

The book is intelligently written as it contains important information that will be useful to our daily lives. Great review!
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Love Today For Tomorrow, Wake up kids sounds like a great book.
Good reveiw🍀
:tiphat:
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

The book's focus areas are interesting to me. Since it is a hard time for almost all of us, this one might assist us a bit and help us in a lot many ways. It aims to give a few things that can assist individuals to improve their relationships, responsibilities and what not. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”