Review of The Tale of Tiger Lily

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 470
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Review of The Tale of Tiger Lily

Post by Reva Parker »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Tale of Tiger Lily" by Jill Featherstone.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Tale of Tiger Lily by Jill Featherstone is based on the character originally in the story of Peter Pan. This book focuses mainly on the title character, her family, and her life. While Peter Pan and Captain Hook are included, it tells how they were involved from Tiger Lily's point of view, along with her father Chief Great Little Big Panther, and her journey on growing up. Tiger Lily starts out as a very stubborn and egotistic young woman who thinks she has the right to live her life how she wants it, even if it's not good for herself. She has several strong people in her life, including her father, to show her how to make good choices, but at the time she doesn't always recognize it. There are many terrible experiences that happen, some of which include her mother dying when Tiger Lily is young to heartbreak to not knowing what to do in her life, which causes a wide range of emotional reactions for Tiger Lily.

The Tale of Tiger Lily incorporates many good life lessons that help to show just how important family and friends are. Tiger Lily, so much like many of us when we were young, feels she knows what is best for herself, no matter what her family and friends might say. She is fortunate to have loving friends and family who know just how to help her realize these things herself without doing something so that she will rebel. Her father knows her very well.

At first, I thought there were a lot of romantic interests for a young people's book, but then I realized she really had to learn from each relationship, and outside of marriage they were platonic. Though I thought the beginning was a little slow it quickly got more interesting and I found it to be a very enjoyable read. There really wasn't anything that I disliked about the book.

I would recommend it for anyone age 12 and above. It had enough action, history, and relationships along the way for boys and girls. There was one minor profanity word and only kissing was described slightly. I am much older but enjoy young people's books and after the beginning looked forward to reading this book.

Due to several minor errors in it, though it was always easy to figure out what it was saying, and it being slow at first, I have decided to rate it 3 out of 4 stars. It was very good and I would say people that enjoy adventure, some fictional history, and a good young people's story would thoroughly want to read it.

The Tale of Tiger Lily
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

Quite a captivating title. It seems like an entertaining book with an interesting storyline. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the review.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

Quite a captivating title. It seems like an entertaining book with an interesting storyline. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the review.
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

The cover page is so beautiful and captivating. The story seems really interesting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The book is rather a fascinating story, I love how the writer managed to grasp the attention of the readers throughout the storyline. The title of the book is also an eye-catcher. Great review.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you all for reading my review and commenting.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Tiger Lily is a character that readers can relate to as she grows up and learns about life through her many different relationships. I am curious about Lily's perspective on Peter Pan. This sounds like a lovely read. Thanks for your insights on Tiger Lily!
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

I loved reading and watching Peter pan. I don't remember lily but I am sure the author does a great job narrating her side of the story.
Poetic Justice
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Reva Parker »

Lily is an interesting character and it's nice watching her grow up and all that she went through. In some ways, she reminded me of me and what being a young girl I thought was important, when really there are a lot more important things in life! Thank you for reading my review and all of your comments.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”