Dorothy Must Die

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lhaugen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Dorothy Must Die

Post by lhaugen »

I absolutely loved this book. It is a "Dorothy gone bad" kind of book. Definitely a new take on The Wizard of Oz. Has anyone else read this book? It is a series. I have not read the first book, but I am looking forward to the next one which has not been published yet.
tlolney

Post by tlolney »

This book sounds intriguing! Who is the author and where can I find it! (I've always loved different takes on the classics so I'm very much excited to hear about this!)
Gfarrell

Post by Gfarrell »

It sounds very interesting and very a huge plot twist on the original Wizard of Oz.
S dot Lennon
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: My current book theme is banned books
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-dot-lennon.html
Latest Review: "Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers" by Donna Mack
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by S dot Lennon »

I have this book on my "to be read" list. I heard about it a little over a month ago. It sounds extremely interesting. I've heard mixed reviews about it though so I am glad you liked it. I'll update this once I've fallen gotten to it.
All I need is a new book and a place to read it...
Latest Review: "Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers" by Donna Mack
SidnayC
Favorite Book: I am yet to read a book worthy
Currently Reading: Inescapable by Amy Bartol
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sidnayc.html
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Post by SidnayC »

I just stumbled across the name of the book and was instantly drawn in... few books can grab my attention like that so I'm definitely putting it in a pile of books to read! I loved when books try to take a twist on old classic tales. It can either go horribly wrong or amazing. I'm praying on the latter! Thanks for suggesting it.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you - Maya Angelou
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp
Danielle_Erinn
Currently Reading: Mapping the Bones
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniheart13.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Danielle_Erinn »

I saw this book and I think it looks really funny! I haven't got the chance to read it yet and I was just wondering if other people thought it was good. I am really hesitant about buying hardcover books unless I know I will like it, but this books sounds really good!
verymuchmeg
Favorite Author: Kirsten Miller
Favorite Book: The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
Currently Reading: The Brontes by Juliet Barker
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verymuchmeg.html
fav_author_id: 22721

Post by verymuchmeg »

I loved that book! I thought it was the most creative YA piece I'd read in months. I was disappointed that the prequel is only available as an e-book, but read it and liked it (though not as much). I'm eagerly awaiting book #2 in the series. I love when "good" characters are actually bad and vice-versa. I just wish/wished there was more of the story set in modern-day Kansas, because what hooked me was the protagonist and how she dealt with the absurdity of her hometown.
MamaBookAddict
Favorite Author: Too many to name
Favorite Book: Too many to name
Currently Reading: The Beautiful Ashes by jeaniene Frost
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamabookaddict.html

Post by MamaBookAddict »

I was lucky enough to read the ARC for this and thought it was a great twist on what would happen if Dorothy DIDNT get out of Oz! The author is Danielle Paige. Book 2 isnt scheduled to be released until March 2015 :(
littlebook
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Will Grayson Will Grayson
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlebook.html
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case

Post by littlebook »

I read this as soon as it came out. I definitely appreciated the new take on The Wizards of Oz.

I also enjoyed the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I recommend these to anyone who liked Dorothy Must Die.
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case
hpsecrets99
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading: The Spectacular Now
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hpsecrets99.html
Latest Review: "Suppliant" by Laura Tree
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by hpsecrets99 »

Wow! I loved this book so much! This book has a great premise, and the author really fully explored her alternate Oz world. The author really knew how to selectively use gore, and the fact that this wasn't a "Walking Dead" level gore-fest made the moments of violence even more chilling. Didn't particularly like the main character because she seemed a little whiny and petty, but overall I absolutely loved this book!
Latest Review: "Suppliant" by Laura Tree
Christianmom1008
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christianmom1008.html

Post by Christianmom1008 »

I had started to read this book as a sample on my phone and then I think I had taken it out of the library but there was too long of a wait list on the book that I couldn't take my time to read it. I would like to buy it at some point so that I can actually read the whole thing at my leisure. I really enjoyed what I had read of it. I look forward to finishing it sometime in the near future.
Courtney Whittamore
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-whittamore.html
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Post by Courtney Whittamore »

I love books that take classics and turn them on it's head. I am very much looking forward to finding this book and taking a look at it! I think it is very interesting to see what Oz would be like if Dorothy weren't as good as everyone always portrays her. What an interesting twist. Thank you for bringing this book to my attention and I look forward to reading it!
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick
Noeld
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noeld.html

Post by Noeld »

I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to read this book or not, but after reading what you all had to say about it, I will definately read it!
AnonymousGoogle
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anonymousgoogle.html

Post by AnonymousGoogle »

I remember reading the entire original Wizard of Oz series one or two years ago. I'll look into this book (and series). Sounds exciting!
S_Lancealot
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by S_Lancealot »

I loved this book. I first read it months ago, and I remember there wasn't a sequel then. Now that I'm poking around, I just found out there's a sequel coming out in March. I'm definitely reading that. This was a happy reminder. I am so re-reading it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”