Review of Natalie & Gerald: Limitless Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of Natalie & Gerald: Limitless Love

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Natalie & Gerald: Limitless Love" by Rosa Maria Wallace.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natalie and Gerald by Rosa Maria Wallace is a fiction novel that talks about a heart-warming story of young love. The book contains the themes of friendship, family, love, and loss.

Ten-year-old Nathalie had recently suffered the loss of both parents in a car crash. Now she lives with her two aunts, Bertha and Celia, in Hawthorne. Natalie suffers constant emotional and physical abuse from her aunts, especially Bertha. She found a secluded clearing in the forest along the lake where she could have some peace. One bright summer afternoon, she met Gerald at the lake. They got acquainted and soon became friends. Meanwhile, Gerald often sought to escape from his family, who were socialites and hardly had time for him. Gerald, however, had a special bond with his elder brother, Randal. The lake spot became a refuge for them. A place where they could share their lives and thoughts while enjoying nature. Though young and happy to have found each other, life had more in store for them than they could have ever imagined. Read up on this book to enjoy the bloom of this young love.

The story was beautifully written, and each character was well developed. Also, the novel was written from the major characters' point of view, and the language was straightforward.

I enjoyed my time with the two main characters. I love Gerald's wisdom and maturity. It was hard to see him as a child. I also love the fact that he was not perfect. He had been seeing his family as fake and plastic in all their ways, except for his brother, Randal. But Natalie didn't share his sentiment, as would have been expected. Instead, she opened his eyes to the positive sides of his family. Also, I enjoyed their discussions by the lake; It was not all superficial. The author wrote about time and life in a very intriguing way. Other minor characters I liked were Gerald's three friends. I love the teasing and easy friendship without competition among them. My favorite part of the book was their trip to the cemetery on Halloween. I couldn't believe Gerald's friend, Robert, left his little sister behind and was too scared to go back for her. The scene was hilarious.

There's nothing I dislike about the book. It was funny and gripping at the same time. I enjoyed reading it. Even though the book had many characters with different personalities, the author could carry her readers along. The book was not in any way confusing or boring. I only wished she had written more about Natalie's trust fund and her parent's accident. The author threw in a plot twist that would keep you glued to the end. Therefore, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Finally, I recommend the book to lovers of young love stories. If there's ever a sequel, I won't hesitate to pick it up. Moreover, the book was professionally edited because I found only a few editing errors.

Natalie & Gerald: Limitless Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

This sounds like a great read. I probably will add it to my list of ones I need to read at some point in time. Thanks for the review.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

As interesting as the story sounds from this review, but I find it difficult to comprehend a book of many characters. Therefore, I think it's not a book I would want to read myself.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

I’m not keen on reading books that contain romance. Anyhow, thanks for this great review!
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

This seems like a good one. I really appreciate when characters actually have flaws.
Thank you!
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

I’m not keen on reading books that tackle love. But, I perceive this book would appeal to those young adults who love reading this kind of genre.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”