Official Review: Vagabond by Mary A.J. [December 2021 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Re: Official Review: Vagabond by Mary A.J. [December 2021 Book of the Month]

Post by rusyalana »

The book seems really interesting and exciting. Lucifer's daughter who tries to run away from one problems ends up with a whole bunch of new ones. But this time the people she cares about are threatend and she will have to make some choices. I believe the book is full of actions, unexpected twists and turns that will definitely keep me glues to the pages of the book. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Thanks for the great review, this sounds like an interesting book. However, it is a little dark for me. Good vs. evil is always exciting though, I wonder if the evil side will win or the human side.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Vagabond'' by Mary A.J. vividly describes the intriguing story of paranormal romance for readers! The important points related to the story have been mentioned in the review! The point that the author well portrays a constant battle between good and evil is worth mentioning in the review! Also, the point that the novel contains all the necessary elements required for a captivating read including a suspenseful storyline and shocking twists, as mentioned in the review, is remarkable for readers! Nice to learn that the premise is both unique and appealing!
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Joy C »

The novel has an interesting premise but is not one I'd like. This is because learning or reading about demons and Lucifer are not my cup of tea. Thanks for your insightful review.
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I love that Cecilia rebels against her father and is portrayed as a character with a strong will. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Ebi Robert
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebi-robert.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Ebi Robert »

Reminds me of the movie, LUCIFER. Indeed, it is a work of the mind, trying to get use the power of creativity to travel to the least expected places. The review is comprehensive enough.
Sunshine Horida
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sunshine Horida »

The review made me wanna read the book as soon as possible. I wanna know what's going to happen to Cecelia, I'm curious!
Certifiedemmy

Post by Certifiedemmy »

I really love this novel. I wish I could read it to the very end. But with the little review in which I read. I found it captivating, and I will love to recommend this book to any lovers of novel.
JUDISH

Post by JUDISH »

This book was absolutely fantastic. I enjoyed every page of it!! The story is a fantastic allegory for the human condition that we all face, the internal battle of good and evil within us all mixed with hormones, emotions, and love. Each of the characters are extremely relatable and the humor is spot on. The author masterfully captures what it feels like to be a teenager learning your place in the world while expertly weaving jaw-dropping fantasy and the perfect level of literary sophistication that is accessible yet rewarding - an amazing combination that offers something for everyone in this truly one-hell-of-a-ride story. Solid 5 stars. Wish I could give 10. Can't wait for more from this new author.
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

This sounds intriguing. What's with Lucifer's daughter being afraid and wanting to fit in? I bet the story is packed enough at least to convince the readers. Great review.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

The premise of this young adult novel does sound intriguing (following the life of Lucifer's daughter), but it isn't for me. I hope others will enjoy this book. Great review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Cecilia struggles between good and evil. It seems that she does have a conscience and is attracted to doing good. This plot creates an intriguing dilemma. What will Cecilia choose?
Gabriella H
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Man Who Would Be King
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-h.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriella H »

Hopefully, I will be reading this book soon, so I appreciate your review. I look forward to the twists and turns and certain drama. I'd like to read and form my opinion on Cecelia Harrow's character. Thanks for your review.
Bello Qudus Ola
Currently Reading: Pick the Plot
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Bello Qudus Ola »

this review sounds so promising, I can't wait to start reading the novel. the most captivating part will be reading through Lucifer's daughter struggles in school with humans
Amprye
Currently Reading: The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amprye.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Amprye »

This plot is extremely unique. I appreciate how romance and fantasy intersect. Congratulations on book of the day!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”