Official Review: chip 5 by jens pindal

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: chip 5 by jens pindal

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "chip 5" by jens pindal.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

CHiP 5 by Jens Pindal is a young-adult book written in a newspaper-style comic. The reader follows Chip and friends on a comic ride as they complain about how boring and tiring the lockdown has been since 2020. Chip and his friend, Zort, decide to watch Groundhog Day for the 38th time due to boredom. They also counted jelly beans over and over again. The lockdown was already running them crazy.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud when Chip and Zort started eating tissue papers due to the lockdown since they had exhausted the food in the house. They teach and encourage readers to plan during the pandemic. There are so many hilarities that cracked me up in this publication. For example, in a bid for Zort to protect himself from the deadly virus, he attached a giant cork on his nose that made him look so funny and laughable. I must applaud the author for the fascinating humor in this book. Just pick up the book and get entertained.

The storyline touches on different topics like politics, life, trust, and friendship. What I liked most was that there were moral lessons to derive from this comic book. Firstly, I learned that patience is the secret to life. Secondly, people tend to forget and default on their new year resolution easily. This is thought-provoking! Thirdly, Chip reminds us that we are in a wicked world of "eat or get eaten."

The characters are well developed and unique. Some of these characters have funny looks like Zort, whose nose is long and looks like a trumpet. Bill is another character that looks kind of scary. And though Chip is the main protagonist, my favorite is Zort because he is so funny, real, and honest.

The illustrations in the book are so colorful, clear, and attractive. I liked how the graphics made the characters easy to identify without confusion. The dialogues between characters were also vivid and understandable. I enjoyed how the author used arrows to point toward the direction of the character who was speaking.

The only thing I disliked about this book was that its narrations appeared short and unsatisfying. I felt like it left some of my questions unanswered. However, it also helped the book to stay concise. So I won't hold a grudge for that.

Interestingly, there are fun exercises in this book, like spotting Chip and Zort. Also, kids are allowed to create their own funny stories using their creative minds, with the aid of the pictorials in the book.

To conclude, this publication is a stand-alone, so you don't need to read the other books in the series. Aside from the negligible displeasure I mentioned earlier, it was a fun read overall. The book will appeal to teenagers and adults who enjoy comedy and drama. I believe this book was professionally edited because I encountered only one error. Hence, I award this book a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

chip 5
View: on Bookshelves
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

This is a book my son would enjoy! Thank you for a great review.
Heidadela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidadela.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Heidadela »

We have all had our lockdown struggles. I am glad that someone put our experiences in writing. This is a relatable tale of lockdown woes that lots of people would love to sample and compare with their own. I am sure that,other than children, there are others who would enjoy the story. Thank you for an insightful review.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

Heidadela wrote: 14 Mar 2021, 04:57 We have all had our lockdown struggles. I am glad that someone put our experiences in writing. This is a relatable tale of lockdown woes that lots of people would love to sample and compare with their own. I am sure that,other than children, there are others who would enjoy the story. Thank you for an insightful review.
I completely agree with you. This book is going to be relatable by a lot of people including children and adults And that’sa very did trait if you ask me
Rashm_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashm-1.html
Latest Review: The Smartest Person in the Room by Christian Espinosa

Post by Rashm_1 »

Vivid illustrations to fuel the imagination already ignited by realistic and relatable humor, This book is like my personal paradise. The lockdown was so mentally exhausting and to visit all that armed with this book is the best, afterall we need to keep the lessons learnt during lockdown with us, right?
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

That was a great review! I love the way you explained the book. It has been a tough year for a lot of people. At least with this book, we can remember it with some humor.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Indeed at a point during the lockdown I could literally feel myself losing my mind. Utterly frustrating.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Chip looks like Chip from The Fairly OddParents TV show. His antics sound like things the TV Chip would do too! Thank you for your detailed and entertaining review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Bookishkrish24
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishkrish24.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Bookishkrish24 »

Creating a lockdown scenario in a comic is both refreshing and interesting. Great review.
Noriel DM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noriel-dm.html
Latest Review: Customer Service Is DEAD by Mitche Graf

Post by Noriel DM »

Wow! I love comedy and drama. Plus, the book sounds pleasant to read. I think I should give this a try. Thanks for the honest review.
We are all unique in our own ways :D

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”