Insurgent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Include the name of the book, and if possible the author's name, in the title of the topic. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Budda1000ksg
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Insurgent

Post by Budda1000ksg » 17 Mar 2018, 02:54

Good book read it several times

BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by BriennaiJ » 07 Apr 2018, 07:55

I definitely enjoyed Insurgent. I wish that the movie had included the scene where Tris was forced to have the "dreams" or the scenarios and Tobias had to watch because it was so emotional and would have been great to see. I couldn't relate to the movie at all. I thought that Insurgent was better than Divergent in some ways because you get to see Tris truly grow, and it was definitely better than Allegiant.

nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy » 12 May 2018, 13:26

I liked divergent movie just fine even though a lot of people didn't like it. I haven't read the book and I don't think I'm going to anytime soon. Now I think the insurgent movie was good, same annoying Tris but more interesting story.

Jorgan-Lynn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jorgan-Lynn » 15 May 2018, 17:03

I felt like with Divergent, that was an introduction to the characters (of course), being the first book. It was only trying to tell who the characters are and some of their beliefs. With Insurgent, however, I felt as if it was trying to show more of how they would handle rough situations and bring out attitudes and personalities that were not elaborated more on in the first book. That being said, the personalities of the characters truly furthers the idea of the entire series. I would give this book a 4/6.....

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”