Insurgent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cinder_allie
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinder-allie.html

Re: Insurgent

Post by cinder_allie »

I started reading Insurgent almost a year ago but have had trouble keeping focus. The first book was a breeze to read so I assumed that it would be a similar read as well. Based on everyone else's posts, I may have to finish it. I have however cheated and watched the movie. Whoops...
g-fitton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-fitton.html

Post by g-fitton »

I enjoyed the series however found some plot twists varied from predictable to far-fetched. I love the premise and idea of the dystopia set up how it is, and honestly enjoying the parts of the book that explored that rather than all the additional drama (hence why Divergent is my favourite of the series). Overall the series is a good addition to the populous genre of teen dystopia.
Schultzii4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-schultzii4.html

Post by Schultzii4 »

Another utopian series that has a strong female lead. Definitely keeps you focused and interested. A great series for young adults and teens.
Jennie92814
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennie92814.html

Post by Jennie92814 »

Veronica has done it again. It seems like each book in the divergent series gets better. I loved insergent. Lots of action, love, and adventure in it. It really gives Tobias fans, like me, a chance to get to know him.
tmichaels

Post by tmichaels »

The Divergent series was a great read... but the end made me so sad... I wish the ending would have been different. I could have probably read another 1-3 books in the series.
taylorwillis
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylorwillis.html

Post by taylorwillis »

This probably my favorite book out of the Divergent Trilogy. I love the action that happens in the book. I also love the betrayals to be honest haha! I found this book to keep me on my toes the entire time I was reading it. Tris was just amazing in this story and she and Tobias' love story in this book was so heartwarming and totally "goals". I loved how strong she was, she was tough as nails no matter what she was going through.
laurasowder

Post by laurasowder »

I loved the first two of the series, but I had trouble keeping focus in the third. In fact, I have yet to finish it because it fails to keep my attention long enough for me to get into it. I think the concept of the series is good, but after a certain point, it lacks enough to keep readers intrigued.
MindyW
Currently Reading: Allegiant
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by MindyW »

This series, clearly not well portrayed on screen, is easily one of my new favorites. The society they live in is based on secrets, hidden aggendas, and ultimately a hidden history. The unclear relationship between Four and Tris is not the focus, making this far from a love story. Their inconsistent actions toward one another shows just how broken each of them are. The depth of guilt inside Tris, over the death of Will, is a key role in this book. I do not mind saying how frustrated I was with Tris for not being stronger. Yet, it is her weakness that also gives her appeal. Being heartless, like Peter or Jeanine, would make her a monster.
The truth about Divergent and the origin of their society, leave a cliff hanger. If those are bothersome to you, be sure to have book three, Allegiant, on hand.

A great read for anyone with a keen mind that enjoys complex issues.
There is, however, at least two errors in the writing. The biggest being that of the story of escape from Four. He says Zeke helped.

Mindy W. :tiphat:
Ash and Stars
Bookshelf Size: 640
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-and-stars.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Post by Ash and Stars »

I didn't quite enjoy Insurgent as much as I did Divergent. I find that often the second book in a series is not as good as the first unfortunately
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
johappy
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Matched</a>
Currently Reading: Into Thin Air
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johappy.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by johappy »

I had a hard time getting into this series. I found the writing style to be very repetitive and the characters were not especially likable, but the idea is fascinating.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I loved this series that I immediately went out and bought Four. Insurgent wasn't as good as Divergent but name a sequel that is as good as the first.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I've read all of them, and loved them. Allegiant is the saddest of them all. It gets a 5/5 for sadness rating.
Epuise
Currently Reading: Evermore (Immortals #1)
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-epuise.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Epuise »

Out of all the books in the divergent series, Insurgent is definitely my favorite. This book explores the whole relationship between her , other factions, her family, and divergence. It was definitely something I would have read again if i hadn't read Allegiant. The sadness factor hit the last book so hard I actually screamed in frustration. Of course, i cried as well. It was a fantastic book but, I am So terrified to go through those feelings alll over. After growing to love Tris and falling for Four, I cried some serious tears at its' ending. Even with these feelings in mind I would definitely read this series again.
Hephzi Lolami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hephzi-lolami.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Hephzi Lolami »

Divergent, the first book made me excited. I immediately fell in love with Tris and Tobias. In the insurgent, I love how Veronica Roth portrayed Tris's character, making her her own person. Including rhw others; I was really into them as I allowed the book to take me through a rollercoaster. The first book was interesting and I was surely not disappointed in the least with the Insurgent. I think Tris, if anything, hot bolder because she was now the sole attention and all eyes were on her. She was special and supported good even with enemies around. She even went to the point of being hood for the world to sew and she paid dearly for it but I love her regardless. She was eaten up with guilt about what happened to her loved ones and she felt disappointed in herself. Altogether, I had a great time with the book "Insurgent".
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Hephzi Lolami wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 11:34 Divergent, the first book made me excited. I immediately fell in love with Tris and Tobias. In the insurgent, I love how Veronica Roth portrayed Tris's character, making her her own person. Including rhw others; I was really into them as I allowed the book to take me through a rollercoaster. The first book was interesting and I was surely not disappointed in the least with the Insurgent. I think Tris, if anything, hot bolder because she was now the sole attention and all eyes were on her. She was special and supported good even with enemies around. She even went to the point of being hood for the world to sew and she paid dearly for it but I love her regardless. She was eaten up with guilt about what happened to her loved ones and she felt disappointed in herself. Altogether, I had a great time with the book "Insurgent".
I completely agree, I just didn’t want it to end.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”