Insurgent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Budda1000ksg
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Insurgent

Post by Budda1000ksg »

Good book read it several times
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

I definitely enjoyed Insurgent. I wish that the movie had included the scene where Tris was forced to have the "dreams" or the scenarios and Tobias had to watch because it was so emotional and would have been great to see. I couldn't relate to the movie at all. I thought that Insurgent was better than Divergent in some ways because you get to see Tris truly grow, and it was definitely better than Allegiant.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I liked divergent movie just fine even though a lot of people didn't like it. I haven't read the book and I don't think I'm going to anytime soon. Now I think the insurgent movie was good, same annoying Tris but more interesting story.
Jorgan-Lynn

Post by Jorgan-Lynn »

I felt like with Divergent, that was an introduction to the characters (of course), being the first book. It was only trying to tell who the characters are and some of their beliefs. With Insurgent, however, I felt as if it was trying to show more of how they would handle rough situations and bring out attitudes and personalities that were not elaborated more on in the first book. That being said, the personalities of the characters truly furthers the idea of the entire series. I would give this book a 4/6.....
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I loved insurgent, which I read a couple of years ago. I loved the whole book and how it kept me on my toes and excited the entire time. I found that the third boom was really strange though and appeared as if it was almost a completely different series. I kind of wished she finished it on the second book.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

I liked Divergent, but, I didn't really enjoy Insurgent as much. The betrayals made me feel very depressed and took fun out of this series for me.
EvaKSoni

Post by EvaKSoni »

I honestly liked the entire Divergent Triligoy. I felt like the author did a phenomenal job of understanding that life is not just sunshine and rainbows, and that in order to fully be able to cherish the sunshine and rainbows, you have to accept the rain that comes before them.
Melissa Breen
Currently Reading: World War Z
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-breen.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Melissa Breen »

I LOVE this series, it's one of my all time favourites. Tris reminds me a lot of myself and it's so refreshing to see a character makes mistakes and learn and grow and continually just do what she thinks is right. I love the dystopian world Veronica Roth has created. Allegient is definitely a 100\10 on the sad meter!
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I loved the first book in the series - Divergent - but thereafter I felt the series could not keep delivering on the brilliant concept. Insurgent was difficult to finish and I found it almost boring at times.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

Unfortunately, this book was very frustrating for me. The whole plot could have been summed up in just a few sentences, it had so much filler. Overall, I found the whole book completed unnecessary. Sorry to everyone who enjoyed it, I’m glad that you did.
~Roxie~
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

Great concept but crappy plots and heroine. The first book was OK, the other ones were downright bad.
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

I must say it was a little too fast-paced for me, but I did greatly enjoy it. The characters and their bonds are beautiful.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

I devoured the Divergent series the first time I read it, but found it hard to get back into when I tried reading it a second time. The plot of Insurgent continues very seamlessly from Divergent, and I enjoyed reading it. However, I did think it was one of the slower books of the trilogy. I especially like how Insurgent added more information about other factions the first book didn’t get too in depth into.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

"Insurgent" by Veronica Roth is a thrilling and action-packed sequel to the dystopian bestseller "Divergent." Set in a society divided into factions based on personality traits, the story follows protagonist Tris Prior as she grapples with the consequences of her choices and the escalating conflict within the faction-based world.

Roth expertly builds upon the foundation laid in "Divergent," delving deeper into the complexities of the characters and the societal tensions that threaten to unravel their world. The narrative is fast-paced, keeping readers on the edge of their seats with a perfect balance of intense action sequences and emotional depth.

The exploration of themes such as identity, sacrifice, and rebellion adds layers to the story, giving it substance beyond its gripping plot. Tris's internal struggles and growth as a character are portrayed with authenticity, making her a relatable and compelling heroine.

The world-building remains a standout element, providing a vivid backdrop for the unfolding drama. Roth's descriptive prose and knack for creating tension contribute to the immersive experience, making "Insurgent" a page-turner that is difficult to put down.

While the book maintains the momentum of the series, it also introduces new elements and twists that keep the storyline fresh and unpredictable. The relationships among the characters undergo further development, adding emotional resonance to the narrative.

Overall, "Insurgent" successfully fulfills the expectations set by its predecessor, delivering a captivating continuation to the Divergent series. Veronica Roth's ability to blend action, emotion, and thought-provoking themes makes this book a compelling read for fans of dystopian fiction and those seeking an engaging exploration of courage and rebellion in the face of a fractured society.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”