Insurgent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bedtimestories
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bedtimestories.html

Insurgent

Post by Bedtimestories »

Insurgent is written by Veronica Roth and it is the second book in the Divergent trilogy. Main characters are Beatrice Prior, Tobias Eaton, Caleb Prior and Jeanine Matthews. Genre: Young adult literature, Science Fiction, Dystopia, Utopian and dystopian fiction.
Fighting for survival in a shattered world… the truth is her only hope.
I have done bad things. I can’t take them back, and they are part of who I am.
Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.
Yet if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever… because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.
Insurgent was fast paced and just amazing. My favourite thing in these books are the fear landscapes and stimulantions (although they are annoying). I would have never been able to think of something like that and I think it's so interesting.
Oh my god. Tris tris tris...why can't you just listen to Tobias? Through out the book I was just like if something happens I'm gonna throw this book! (I'm not really making sense but I hope some of you know what I'm saying haha). What I really liked about Insurgent was that you were able to explore different factions because we only knew a little about them so i really enjoyed it.
I'm literally scared to pick up Allegiant! Those of you who have read it what do you rate it on the sad meter? (Probably 5/5) so if you have read Divergent, do not stop! Pick up Insurgent! I give it 4.7/5.
S dot Lennon
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: My current book theme is banned books
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-dot-lennon.html
Latest Review: "Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers" by Donna Mack
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by S dot Lennon »

Even though I found the whole series to be easy to read and a page turner I give the whole series a 3. I found a lot of flaws in this series but the major one for me was Tris! I was much more interested in Tobias. I really wanted to like this series. I loved the idea and concept with being able to choose where they belonged and starting anew, but I just couldn't. Allegiant was unexpected. I know some people who loved the last book and others who hated it. Like I said I give it a 3 but the good news is you get to hear from Tris and Tobias which helped in my case!
All I need is a new book and a place to read it...
Latest Review: "Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers" by Donna Mack
Revsasquatch
Favorite Author: Edgar Allen Poe
Favorite Book: Divergent
Currently Reading: insurgent
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revsasquatch.html
fav_author_id: 4228

Post by Revsasquatch »

I just finished Insurgent, I thought it was a fantastic easy read, I hated the end though such a cliff hanger lol. I am excited to read the third book. I like this series more than the Hunger Game series, I love the whole idea of the faction and the way it works and really wish that was how sociotysocioty actually worked.
We do not believe that any other virtue is more important than bravery."
Bookworm0266
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm0266.html
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano

Post by Bookworm0266 »

I really want to read this, but unfortunately, I haven't read divergent yet!
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano
OregonGirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oregongirl.html

Post by OregonGirl »

Veronica Roth became more comfortable as an author with this book and set up what could potentially be a great, explosive finale. That being said there were flaws with the writing and pacing of the book. Also, I believe she misses an opportunity to deeper explore the similarities between Tris and Four, rather than continuing to exploit their differences.
Gfarrell

Post by Gfarrell »

It was definitely easy to get into and I read it in like 3 days. It seemed so easy to read and the ending you're just like, "I need more!"
pagenumber394
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pagenumber394.html

Post by pagenumber394 »

Insurgent was my favorite of the three. Divergent was frustrating at times. The concept is amazing but the writing felt choppy. The factions fascinate me but sometimes dauntless got on my nerves. Insurgent was well written and had more adventure. It was a quicker read than allegiant.
shadowhunter101

Post by shadowhunter101 »

Insurgent was written by the wonderful Veronica Roth. It is a true page turner and a very easy book to read. In the book, the main character, Tris, is trying to figure out her life and who she is. She is also trying to figure out who she can trust and what are her limits. It's very easy to tie this book into your own life. Tobias is Tris's boyfriend and also happens to be on the same journey as Tris. He is trying to find himself and figure out his past and who he can trust. Throughout the book, they both will have their tragic flaw but will somehow come out on top. I give it a 4 out of 5 rating.
PotterManiac
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pottermaniac.html

Post by PotterManiac »

I really loved Insurgent. It could be confusing, complicated, and aggravating at times but it was a good read. I suggest this exciting book to young readers who are looking for something new. Overall I give it a 4 1/2.
Snowfall
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowfall.html

Post by Snowfall »

I enjoyed reading the whole series. I feel like insurgent had a dramatic twist that wasn't ready to be made. Divergent in my opinion was the best out of all the books.
Lady_Phantom

Post by Lady_Phantom »

I bought the whole Divergent series, and I wish I had not. the first 2 books were great page turners, a had a few issues with some of the concepts, and believably on some things. However I could forgive all of that. The third book however ruined all of that. I really did try to like it, I tried to forgive its failings, but I could not, I wish I had not bought the series. I am a person that will reread books over and over, hence why I buy them, I will not be rereading any of the Divergent. I truly hope they make the next to movies better than the book.
sarah_jane
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-jane.html

Post by sarah_jane »

After reading Divergent I remember being super excited to read Insurgent right away. The first half of the book was a breeze, but after that I started to read it slower and slower, to the point where I had to force myself to finish it. Four and Tris's relationship in Divergent was perfect, and the intimate moments felt special and real. But in Insurgent it seems that those moments became way too frequent, to the point where the times when they kissed it wasn't special or real anymore, instead like two high school kids making out for fun, not because they love each other. The entire story became overwhelmed by their relationship and Tris's indecisiveness of her life's importance, instead of focusing on the war between Candor and the other factions. Overall the book was okay, but for me a major letdown compared to Divergent.
Snaveenaid10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snaveenaid10.html

Post by Snaveenaid10 »

I love how in Insurgent it shows the real bond between all the characters and how they have to put aside their differences or conflicts they are having with each other in order to save their city.
ShiGurk
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shigurk.html

Post by ShiGurk »

I had finished reading Insurgent at 2am, with the war it ended I sat stunned for quite some time before I could actually comprehend that the book was over. I personally loved this book along with the other three in the series and I loved how it made me anxious to read the third.
Randi328

Post by Randi328 »

I havent read insurgent yet but that will be my next read , im looking forward to it

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”