Official Review: The King's Trial by M L Farb

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daudy Tallo
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Official Review: The King's Trial by M L Farb

Post by Daudy Tallo »

The story in this book is quite epic because it tells the story of a young man who leads a rebellion who wants to thwart the mission of an evil royal queen who intends to kill people who are outside their bloodline. Between heavy choices drowning in the darkness of the queen's plans and having to race against time without thinking too long about what to do. Where the young man has the hidden power of a gift from God but cannot use it yet.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

This story seems to have some details that have been picked up from the real world. The enslaving of the population with foreign blood isn't a very alien concept in the real world either. This has piqued my interest about what other things does this book explore.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

From your review, it is quite evident how much you liked the book. I am quite a fan of YA fantasy, and the book seems to be right up my alley. I am definitely going to read this one. Thanks for the awesome review!
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

The cover piqued my interest!! The review was great and very detailed. But I have to say that I am not interested in reading this. Fantasy and adventure like stories aren’t really my thing. But I did enjoy the review. Congrats on the BOTD
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

A fantasy book to escape into is something that piques my interest. I look forward to reading this #BOTD, especially with clean content and well-developed character growth. Stellar review!
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

It seems like the familiar story elements are equally comforting and inspiring.  Congratulations on Book of the Day!
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I am a huge fan of Young Adult books, so this one is a must-read for me!
Glad to get a copy for Free.
Can't wait to read another action-packed fantasy adventure that I'm sure I will enjoy.
I love strong female characters, and I'm more excited to read it when you said romance is not really part of the story. (but maybe it will develop in later books, eh?)
I'm also turned off with cliffhangers, so I'm glad this book does not contain one.
By the time I finish, I'll make sure to recommend it to kids and kids at heart, just like what you recommend.
Thank you for your enthusiastic review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

This sounds like an exciting fantasy story, and I loved Yosyph and Katrin's interactions in the sample. Halavant showed promised even then! I've already continued reading and am well into the book! I'm not so certain that the book actually has a Christian angle as much as it does Yosyph coming to have faith in the God of his people (not necessarily Yahweh), but I understand how one could see it that way. Excellent review, thanks!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 479
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for an awesome review! After reading a sample of the book, I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it. But after your review and now knowing that it is a clean book, Christian oriented, and with a strong female character, I think I will give it another chance. Thanks!
Vaibhavi9
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vaibhavi9 »

This book is so exciting fantasy about an young adult with lots of inspirational messages. After you start reading it will lead you to some important life lessons.
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

This sounds like an exciting fantasy tale of intrigue and action with an inspiring message. A clean, well-written book with strong characters for young adults. Thanks for the great review!
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 607
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Yosyph is the young leader of an underground rebellion against the wicked queen who sits upon the throne of Lansimetsa. Under the guise of a mute tavern servant, he listens in on the secret meetings of the queen’s guard and rescues innocent men from the gallows. When he learns of the queen’s plans to enslave a third of the population because of the foreign blood that runs through their veins, he knows he must act quickly.

His mother’s people inhabit the savage desert lands outside Lansimetsa. To reach them and receive their help, he must survive the King’s Trial, a series of puzzles that lead through the heart of the water-parched and rocky terrain. The strength he needs comes from an unexpected power that lies within, but he must learn to yield that power and trust in the God of his people or be consumed by darkness. Can Yosyph learn to use his gift honorably in time to save the kingdom he left behind?

An interesting read for young adults. Yosyph is the young leader of a rebellion and he must survive the King's Trial to lead his country. Good official review.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

This sounds like a very intriguing plot. Will definitely be getting my hands on this book. Great review.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

The illustration on the cover page looks attractive and it definitely captured my attention. The review has been well-written and it provides a concise summary. The plot seems unique and I am interested in reading about Yosyph's story. Does he triumph against the wicked queen?
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

As a Christian reader, I am happy that this book will serve as an encouraging story of triumph. I love it that this exciting young adult fantasy envelopes an inspirational message. However, I'm not a fan of this genre. Otherwise, congrats on the BOTD.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”