Official Review: Maddie's Chronicle by Daniel O Stuhlman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Official Review: Maddie's Chronicle by Daniel O Stuhlman

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Maddie's Chronicle" by Daniel O Stuhlman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Maddie’s Chronicle by Daniel O Stuhlman is a book that follows the life of an adventurous young girl through to her adult years as a woman of substance and faith.

Maddie lost both of her parents and her brother at a tender age. After her parent’s passing, her uncle and aunt adopted her. It delighted her new foster parents to adopt her as they were struggling to bear children of their own. She was a happy, inquisitive, and adventurous child who loved riding horses.

On one fateful day, her riding adventures landed her in a freak accident. An elderly woman found her lying in the wild, took her in, and nursed her back to health. Worried about her disappearance, her family sought after her and eventually located her but could not take her back home immediately because of the injuries she had sustained.

Maddie’s chronicles shine a light on a sensitive and personal issue of infertility. The woman who nursed Maddie back to health was fondly referred to as Grandmother, and could also not bear children of her own. Finding and nursing Maddie brought her indescribable healing. When Maddie’s aunt and Grandmother met, they could not speak each other’s languages, but they understood each other and shared each other’s pain.

I enjoyed reading this book and discovered that communication transcends language barriers and goes beyond spoken words. What I liked about the book was that Maddie never lacked love in her life. She was loved in her childhood and found a loving husband. Readers will have to find out for themselves how married life treated Maddie.

The layout and structure of the book appealed to me. The book is partitioned into twenty-nine sweet and short chapters. The events that took place in Maddie’s life are arranged in chronological order, making it easy to comprehend and follow the story. All the characters in the story, no matter how small their part was, were well developed and contributed significantly to the storyline.

There was nothing I disliked about the book, and it was exceptionally edited. I did not come across any typos or grammatical errors. The book contains no profane or vulgar words. The language used throughout the book was appropriate. While the book was written in English, the author threw in some Spanish words. These words did not deter me from enjoying the book.

Reading the book was a joyful experience as the storyline was captivating. I, therefore, recommend the book to readers who enjoy adventures, a bit of romance, and mystery. I am happy to award the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

Maddie's Chronicle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I'm happy that Maddie was loved and cared for even as an orphan. And childlessness is not what anyone should experience. Great review.
moonopam
Currently Reading: Four Kittens in the Bathroom
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moonopam.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Post by moonopam »

This was a great review. It gives me insight in the story of maddie who was an orphan and never lacked love. It seems she was a blessed child who was also a blessing to the childless couple and grandmother. I look forward to reading this book. It sounds interesting.
Currently Reading:

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 02:03 I'm happy that Maddie was loved and cared for even as an orphan. And childlessness is not what anyone should experience. Great review.
Sadly, infertility is a reality for a lot of people. Luckily, there are alternatives. Thanks for stopping by!
Currently Reading:

moonopam wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 09:24 This was a great review. It gives me insight in the story of maddie who was an orphan and never lacked love. It seems she was a blessed child who was also a blessing to the childless couple and grandmother. I look forward to reading this book. It sounds interesting.
She really was a blessing. Thanks for taking the time to read the review!
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Serenity2010 »

Having a child in no matter how you get them is a blessing. Glad Maddie found happiness. Your Review was beautifully written.
Currently Reading:

Serenity2010 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 20:52 Having a child in no matter how you get them is a blessing. Glad Maddie found happiness. Your Review was beautifully written.
I fully agree with you. A child is a blessing. Thanks for such a kind comment!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”