Review by Clancy193 -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clancy193
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clancy193.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Review by Clancy193 -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Clancy193 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Island Games" by Caleb J. Boyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Island Games: Mystery Of The Four Quadrant is a young adult novel by Caleb J. Boyer. The book centers on the life of two best friends named, Mathew and Ryan, who were both tossed into an island that was grouped into four quadrants, with no clear knowledge of how they'd got there. They only remembered a few things about the last event that took place before the shocking mystery of the new journey that has been placed in front of them.

In the book, readers are positioned to have an imagery picture of the challenges of the duo on the island as they try to thrive through every obstacle they were confronted with. However, the boys are of different and unique characters, but they see themselves as brothers and knew for a fact that they couldn't do without the other. Get ready to see and discover friendship at its peak! Reading this book opens a path of learning, laughter and also proves that friendship is sometimes great.

The learning aspect of the book simply details how it's good to persevere, be of good hope, and have that one buddy that would be with you no matter the circumstance and turmoils of life.

That was clearly what I liked best about the book. The lessons! And I also admired this great work of literal art curated by Caleb. The book was readable, understandable and it wasn't a tedious read. However, I noticed just a minor flaw that disrupted my perfect likeness for the book.

At some point I noticed the book became too predictable, a notable example was in chapter 12 when they were at the prairie quadrant after they'd collectively put off the fire, I knew at once they were going to be served packets of food and water, which happened. Moreover, I understand the premise of the book is more like a video game but it should be unpredictable and also suspense-filled, so the readers could get on the edge of their seats always.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book was sure edited by a professional. I noticed just a typo throughout my course of reading. After a rigorous read, I'm certain that this book would best suit readers who are interested in reading books that falls under the young adult genre. And also, I'd recommend this book to adolescents between the ages of 10 -15.

Island Games
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”