Mortal Instruments vs Infernal Devices

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Mortal Instruments
46%
Infernal Devices
54%

Total votes: 13

Lemon_meringue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lemon-meringue.html
Latest Review: Containment Breach by Wm. A. Yandell

Post by Lemon_meringue »

Look here

Reasons to love Mortal Instruments
  • Clary
    Jace
    MALEC!!!!!!
Reasons to love Infernal Devices
  • Tessa
    Will
    Jem
    Will
    the medieval touch
    did I mention Will
Man... is this hard.. :eusa-think:
Rebeccachurch08
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccachurch08.html
Latest Review: The Turn by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rebeccachurch08 »

Okay, it is VERY hard to decide which is better. I LOVE Will and Tessa is just amazing...BUT if it wasn't for Jace and Clary I don't know if I would have even read the others. Cassandra Clare is an AMAZING author!
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

I have a certain obssession for Wessa. I did not like where the trilogy went but Will Herondale would forever be my number one bae, lol.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
rifieka
Currently Reading: 10 Steps To Earning Awesome Grades
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rifieka.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant

Post by rifieka »

Yo don't have to choose between TMI and TID because they're different in their own ways. Clay and jace have this intense, fierce interaction. There's always a personal heavenly fire that bursts when they come in contact, it's just passionate. Clary is just my main lesson from the book. Size and experience doesn't matter, what's inside does. She was so brave, she faced any danger head on that many of the Shadowhunters, who had lived in this life were so scared of addressing.
Will and Tessa, and Jem (it would be very rude of me to leave him out) they have more of a subtle interaction. So intimate, so strong, also passionate (but in a different way than clary and jace, more of a steady kind). There's something calm about TID, ofcourse leaving out the fighting scenes. But the scene, overall, it makes you feel like you're floating in a steady river throughout the trilogy. I like that Tessa is so WISE. The level of wisdom she has, for me, is equivalent to Dumbledore's. She has old wisdom (that comes through ahe and wisdom) even when she's so young.
Alyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Alyssa »

Infernal Devices is my favourite but I wouldn’t have found it if it weren’t for the Mortal Instruments. However, how much I was rooting for Clary and Jace when they thought they were related still makes me question my own morals.
EmmaMay
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmamay.html
Latest Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Post by EmmaMay »

Oh no, I'm really struggling to choose between the these two series. I suppose MI is slightly more my favourite because I read this series first and at least some characters from ID also feature in MI. However, I still can't fully decide. Just glad the Last Hours series wasn't added into the mix because I think the rest of this series is going to be great too when it is published.
monserrat_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by monserrat_21 »

This was an easy choice for me. The Infernal Devices is superior in pretty much everything in my opinion. Tessa is a more likeable protagonist, she is so wise, gets things done and doesn't whine nearly as much as Clary. There is no weird incest plot. The characters are WAY better. It has Jem, who is personally my favorite character from the entire Shadowhunters universe. The story is amazing. I could go on!
Then again, if it wasn't for the Mortal Instruments I never would have found the prequel so it holds a special place in my heart.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”

Jhumpa Lahiri
Julia Jackson 2
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by Julia Jackson 2 »

I have never read Infernal Devices, but I will now. But I can easily say The Mortal Instruments will beat almost everything else. In my opinion.
Pocoyo
Favorite Book: Heroes of Atlantis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pocoyo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice by AC Michael

Post by Pocoyo »

This question should be illegal lol. There's no choice because while they're both different, they're still the same and all the characters each have a special place in my heart. Out of all the books I've ever read, the entire Shadowhunters series is my favourite hands down.
readlikejess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readlikejess.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by readlikejess »

I love Mortal Instruments. I love everything about Jace and Clary!! But I guess I’ll have to try the Infernal Devices too.
KatMzt
Favorite Book: The dark artifices
Currently Reading: Caged
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by KatMzt »

I love the Shadowhunter Chronicles, Raphael was one of my favorite characters in the books. I need to catch up with the rest of the series. I already finished the Infernal devices The Mortal Instruments and The Dark Artifices.
Julia J 1
Currently Reading: The Priory of the Orange Tree
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-j-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Julia J 1 »

I think that The Infernal Devices is written better and also found that I enjoyed the story more because it wasn't drawn out. The Mortal Instruments became way too long for me. There were so many subplots.

Also still can't fully get behind the 'she's my sister, she's not my sister' thing. It dragged on for a tad bit too long for comfort.
Alicia Foland
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alicia Foland »

I have to admit, I may be partial to The Infernal Devices because it was the first Cassandra Clare books that I read. However, that does not change the fact that it is an amazing series. Will, Tessa, and Jem are a dynamic trio that have to work through several challenges to save London. On the other hand, I absolutely LOVED Sebastian and preferred him as a villain against Mortmain. Sebastian was charming and charismatic with an overarching hunger for power, as compared to Mortmain, who was simply looking for revenge.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”