Official Review: Mosaic of a Broken Heart by Sara Jouret

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mac83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 589
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mac83.html
Latest Review: Maeve's Poetic Vibes by Elisient Maeve Vernon

Official Review: Mosaic of a Broken Heart by Sara Jouret

Post by mac83 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mosaic of a Broken Heart" by Sara Jouret.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mosaic of a Broken Heart is written by Sara Jouret. The book is a fictional story written as a diary. It is told by a character named Beth. She writes in her journal about the things going on in her life, how she feels, and what she wants in life.

Beth writes about being a teenager and dealing with a traumatic brain injury. She discusses her family and friends in great detail. Her brothers play a large role in her life. She faces many obstacles in her life, but she believes God will get her through anything. Her religion and values are what she focuses most on throughout the book. It is easy to sympathize with Beth as the experiences she encounters are similar to ones many females will experience.

Those who enjoy reading books that come off as someone's diary will enjoy reading this book. Readers who like inspirational stories and ones that focus on how God pulls you through the struggles in life will also like this book. Anyone who does not enjoy numerous references to God won't find much enjoyment in reading this one. Readers looking for a fast-paced book probably would want to skip this one as well. While it is easy to read, there were boring parts to it.

I enjoyed how the author created a character that is likable and relatable. I liked the layout of the book. It helped that the author did dates for each entry so the reader can know the time period in which things are happening. I enjoyed watching Beth's growth through the story. She would take struggles and work to figure out what her next move should be. Through everything, Beth remained faithful in her belief of God. She endured traumatic situations that would cause anyone to lose their way, but she would focus on God to help her work through it. I particularly enjoyed the last chapter called Notes from Life. The author talks about how the story was fictional, but it is based on her life. She goes into detail about what she learned in life. I think this was an excellent way to wrap up the book. Readers may learn something about themselves reading this last chapter. The only dislike I had is the book was a little slow at points. I found myself lacking motivation to finish reading it at times. Once it would pick up again with something new occurring, it would grab my attention again.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. There are no errors and appears to be professionally edited. While the storyline was a little dull at times, overall, the book was enjoyable. I really liked how the author summed up her main points at the end. I would recommend the book to others. I believe I would read other stories by this author based on how this one was written.

Mosaic of a Broken Heart
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:

ValeriaU
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeriau.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by ValeriaU »

This sounds like a very nice book, but as someone who isn't religious, I don't think I would enjoy it very much. This was a very good review though. :clap:

Fadoua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fadoua.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fadoua »

It sounds like a good read. Thank you for the review. I believe I will like reading this book since I like diaries.

SamaylaM
Currently Reading: The Shoeshine Boy
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by SamaylaM »

Seems like a touching book! Although not something I'd usually read. Thank you for your great review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”