Underrated YA novels and series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Re: Underrated YA novels and series

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

My favorite YA series is Graceling by Kristin Cashore. But the most recent series I read is The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi is so good, I highly recommend.
Julia J 1
Currently Reading: The Priory of the Orange Tree
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-j-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Julia J 1 »

The Mirror Visitor Quartet. Fantasy
A four book series written by french author Christelle Dabos.
Written in french but all the books have been translated to English.
Amazing world building and slow burn romance. Would love more English readers to enjoy this book.
Julia J 1
Currently Reading: The Priory of the Orange Tree
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-j-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Julia J 1 »

monserrat_21 wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 19:01 I want to recommend The Shadow and Bone trilogy and the Six of Crows duology, both by Leigh Bardugo. I discovered these books only a few months ago and I am obsessed with them. They have everything! Great characters, interesting villains, romance, action and the universe is so amazing and original. It's definitely a series that deserves more love and I highly recommend it.
I enjoyed these books a lot. I think the six of crows duology is probably my favourite . Leigh Bardugo's writing is much more mature and refined in those two books because she's a more experienced writer.
I would also suggest Ninth House. Also written by Leigh
The only thing with this novel is that it is more New Adult as it covers some serious topics.
But if you are above the age of 18 and aren't too squeamish I would read it. The sequel should be out soon.
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

Six of Crows’ characters are superb. With their own unique personalities, it fits beautifully with the plot and overall storyline. The action and adventure is fun and engaging and the payoff is great. The characters are witty and always seem to be coming up with new ideas on how to solve their conflicts and get justice.
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

The Train to Impossible Places Trilogy is a great read for people who enjoy kind and beautifully crafted characters and an excellent storyline. The plot of the books are expertly organized and they have just the right amount of detail. The world building and cast of characters makes for a great combination and helps the book flow beautifully.
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

These are all fantastic recommendations! I wish I had time to read them all lol.

I really enjoyed And I Darken trilogy by Kiersten White. It is historical fiction and full of well developed, unique, and interesting characters.

Another I recently read, my husband recommended to me. He read them as a YA and still loves them. It’s the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima. She immerses you in a world of adventure and magic and the story line is very well written. There’s also a hint of romance!
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”