Official Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Official Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus

Post by Mouricia Allen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Life Inside Maggie Pincus" by David I. Billingham.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham is a novel written for young adults. The story focuses on the journey of a young girl (Maggie) who is forced to live with her cruel stepmother and her three sons. Her father died, and so she stayed with his wife, who treated her like a slave. Maggie used to think she was a normal girl, just living in a horrible situation. However, one day that all changed with the appearance of zombiesque creatures called deathwalkers. It is then she is rescued and taught about a world beyond anything she could have imagined. Internals and souls are fighting a long war and she may be the key to putting it all to rest.

I enjoyed that the questions I had got answered, even if there was a delay. However, what I liked most was that though this was a story for teens, it wasn't oversimplified. It was written in such a way that I could enjoy it, just as much as a child would. Things didn't happen just because they could. Everything was cleverly built up, and pieces came together cohesively.

What I liked least was how long it took for an explanation to be given about what was going on. I was a little annoyed because I was confused as to why things were happening the way they were. I understand the delay effect, but for me to was a bit too drawn-out.

I have to say I was genuinely impressed by the storyline, as it was something I have never encountered before. Although it was a bit hard to follow in some places, and some areas I had to reread, I did not feel like it took away from the quality of the book. Everything added to the story was necessary to the storyline. The characters were well developed, and they saw a lot of growth throughout the story.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, because despite the few issues I had with it, it was well written, and I could find no typos or grammatical errors. The story involves death, and as such may not be suitable for some persons. As this is a book written for young adults, there wasn't any profanity or explicit content in this novel. I would recommend it to anyone who likes reading out of the box stories, or stories where the lead is a child. It is suitable for both adults and kids alike.

The Life Inside Maggie Pincus
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Post by JKO »

I would like to see how Maggie joins in the fight against the death walkers. This book has all the elements of an interesting story. I look forward to reading. Thanks for the review.
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

I think the content of the book was well structured for its target audience- the teens. No profanity! Thanks for your honest review.
og yougbare
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by og yougbare »

Weird at first but over all seem well put together the whole concept doesnt set right but over all great book.
Last edited by og yougbare on 03 May 2020, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
Dipsel
Currently Reading: An American Tragedy
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dipsel.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (German Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Dipsel »

Your description of the book really makes me want to read it. I personally like to have some kind of mystery in the storyline. It makes it less predictable. Thank you for your review!
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

Amazing! Characters were gradually built. The author wasn't in a haste to drive home his point. Everything fell in place eventually
. Great and detailed review.
A Williams books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by A Williams books »

Reading this review, I feel that the MC Maggie, is too young for such a challenge. The main thing I love about books though, is that there is always a way through.

I'll check the book on Google Books...
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sydney Lee »

I love your review! I definitely want to read this one now. It sounds like it was an exciting read, despite having some slow moments. And I always appreciate a well-edited book. Thanks for your review!
winecellarlibrary
Favorite Author: Juliet Marillier
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 462
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winecellarlibrary.html
Latest Review: The Lines Between Us by Rebecca D'Harlingue
Reading Device: B07VMB5L3C
fav_author_id: 17456

Post by winecellarlibrary »

I had really wanted to review this book, but I had issues with downloading the review copy. I’m glad to hear it was an enjoyable novel! I’ll have to look it up on Amazon.
There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page
Of prancing poetry.
This traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of toll;
How frugal is the chariot
That bears a human soul!
-Emily Dickinson
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

The book has a very interesting plot. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”