City Of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
fictionalthrone
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionalthrone.html

Re: City Of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Post by fictionalthrone »

I wanted to start this book but I didn't know if it was good or not?
charlotte21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlotte21.html

Post by charlotte21 »

This is one of the best 'first book in a series' book that I have ever read! Right from the start I felt intrigued and wanted to know more and I think the perfect amount of suspense was used. Cassandra Clare really got the balance of romance and action right which really impressed me as often authors focus on the romance side of the story and the actual storyline fizzles away.

Having read the whole series, I would strongly recommend 'City of Bones' as 5 amazing books follow it and will provide you with weeks of great reading!
lyna_lane

Post by lyna_lane »

The Mortal Instrument series is absolutely awesome. It is my favorite series. I must admit the series does get better as you read the books. I avoided the series like a plague for the longest time until I got the first book for Christmas. I must saw best present ever.
roxy1234

Post by roxy1234 »

I have read almost all the books so far and so far I really liked it. The only problem that I really had with the books was that they were a little slow at first. The city of Bones was good book to start the series off.And the world in the book is really interesting and fun to read about. The characters where also good.
lennon_fontaine14
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lennon-fontaine14.html

Post by lennon_fontaine14 »

Been wondering why this book or the series itself received a lot of negative comments when it is very FANTASTIC and HUMOROUS all at once. :)
mallyview7
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallyview7.html

Post by mallyview7 »

I really enjoyed City of Bones. Cassandra Clare hooks the reader in and paints a picture of her imaginary world. I will agree with some of the other posters, it is predictable as far as the "big picture" ending goes. But if you can get past that, Clare's dialogue is clever and funny, I think I even laughed out loud a few times. She adds history, humor, vampires, werewolves fairies, warlocks and humans---everyone is included. The series is worth the read.
airaza
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by airaza »

This book was recommended to me by a friend of mine and I am so glad that she did. This book had my attention from start to finish! Definitely one of my favorite books and I can't wait to get into the rest of the series. Only thing negative I have to say about is at the end it got a bit confusing because there were so many new characters, but that's about it. I definitely recommend this book to those looking for a interesting, attention-grabbing, fantasy read!

-- 21 Apr 2015, 15:48 --

This book was recommended to me by a friend of mine and I am so glad that she did. This book had my attention from start to finish! Definitely one of my favorite books and I can't wait to get into the rest of the series. Only thing negative I have to say about is at the end it got a bit confusing because there were so many new characters, but that's about it. I definitely recommend this book to those looking for a interesting, attention-grabbing, fantasy read!
khardman6700
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khardman6700.html

Post by khardman6700 »

This book sounds very fun and will probably be very hard to put down. I can't wait to start reading!
Regina16
Currently Reading: The Suicide Society
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regina16.html

Post by Regina16 »

I truly enjoyed City of Bones. I thought it was an interesting beginning to a story that will take you everywhere. I enjoyed the purpose of Shadowhunters, and how they interact with Downworlders. The only character that was bothersome in the beginning was Simon because he was desperately attached to Clary, but that soon disappeared.
Jess07
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jess07.html

Post by Jess07 »

I loved this book, from the moment I picked it up I couldn't put it down! I was really late in seeing what all the fuss was about when it came to these books, I only started reading them in April this year. In some ways this was a major advantage as I could fall in love with city of bones and not have to wait months in between for the next book to be released, I loved reading them all at once, one after the other. In my view this book has it all for young adults who love urban fantasy novels. Cassandra Clare's writing is captivating and vivid, and when reading any of the books in this series you can't help but get sucked into the world that lives alongside our own. I give this book a 5 out of 5! :P
Cdlafleur85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdlafleur85.html

Post by Cdlafleur85 »

I have loved the mortal instruments books. The only complaint I have is about the last book. Its was just a let down. I didn't feel it was on the same level as the rest.
Sarahchow
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahchow.html

Post by Sarahchow »

So I bought and read this book a while ago after recommendations from many of my friends, and I remember not liking it very much. I never understood all they hype around this series, but maybe it's because I couldn't force myself to read further in. The plot was predictable and the execution was alright at best. I'm a teenage girl (aren't these books basically written to us as an audience?) and even I found it shallow and annoying.
Thimble
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thimble.html
Latest Review: The Captain's Collie by Ace Mask
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Thimble »

I read the first three books of the Mortal Instruments series. While I enjoyed the overall story, it was predictable. Also, the characters were inconsistent and shallow. It was a fun read, but I don't think it was the same quality as The Hunger Games. I tried reading the fourth book, but it just felt like the author was putting in more conflicts that weren't necessary and were unnatural just to have a story. So, I stopped reading. I think the first three books make a great trilogy on their own and are a fun, if a not very serious, read.

~Thimble
"You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee
cate__
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate.html

Post by cate__ »

I really loved the first book in this series, (City of Bones) however, I haven't liked the books as much since I finished that one. I don't really know what it is about them, but I just find it so hard to get through them...most of my friends loved the series and finished it within 2 weeks, but I can't find it in me to read through them that quickly!
woodsja

Post by woodsja »

I loved this book with all the twists. I have gone into many cemeteries but in the book that is too cool. Alot happens that you have to keep track of.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”