City Of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daniela03
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniela03.html

Re: City Of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Post by Daniela03 »

I really enjoyed the first 3 books of the saga and of course city of bones, but after that I felt like the story was decreasing and the other books were there just to fill in the blank space
belcole
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belcole.html

Post by belcole »

This was a really good series; however, towards the end of the series, it was hard to continue reading. It just felt like it was going on and on and on. I did extremely enjoy the first several books in the series and thought they were wonderfully written. I would definitely recommend these books to read.
Mikasa7
Currently Reading: The Sea of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikasa7.html

Post by Mikasa7 »

I absolutely adore this series. I read the first three books in one day. They are soooo addictive. The whole time it kept me on my feet and guessing. There are so many surprises and you never know what is going to happen next. I have managed to get several of my friends and my sisters addicted as well. Overall it is just an amazing series.
Agentmatty007

Post by Agentmatty007 »

I really enjoyed the concept of these books I have yet to read the final installment though. I did find these books to drag on a bit though. And I feel like there was something I wanted from the author that I did not get in these novels. I can't quite place a finger on it though. Perhaps character development?
Wonderland__
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wonderland.html

Post by Wonderland__ »

It may contain spoilers.
Amazing series. I am still reading City of Heavenly Fire though. Clary is somehow a little stupid and annoying in some moments. Jace is amazing, mostly in City of Lost Souls his character is amazing. I have no idea why people hate Sebastian, i love Sebastian, he's so weird and evil. This series has a lot of funny moments which is good, this moments make you to love the characters even more. I was angry with what happened to Kyle, Maia should of been in his place but whatever. Those series are interesting though they are not the best. I was so obsessed with these books but i stopped reading them for a while because like i said i was angry with what happened to Kyle. However it's worth reading them.
Hash
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hash.html

Post by Hash »

I love this book and have read the whole series. Theh are amazing. You're right, the series combines all the mythical stuff in one series and is so imaginative and creative and i have fallen in love with it. I would reccomend you to read tb5e full series and the prequel series too. If you love the vivacious and amazing, Magnus Bane, then go for the Bane Chronicles too. All of them are amazing. :D
Wizard Magic
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wizard-magic.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Wizard Magic »

City of Bones was a thrilling read. I was a great combination of adventure, fantasy, and romance. This book was very well written and very unique. Looking at the series as a whole, I think this book (City of Bones) was probably the best one of all. I liked how the story didn't revolve around solely the romance between the main characters.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
QyeenMontana
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qyeenmontana.html

Post by QyeenMontana »

I love this series, ngl City of Glass is my favourite out of all of them. :lol:
Bookaholic14
Currently Reading: Life and Death
Bookshelf Size: 373
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookaholic14.html
Latest Review: "Love Built to Last" by Lisa Ricard Claro
Reading Device: B00HNOWHRU

Post by Bookaholic14 »

I enjoyed this book and the series. Although somewhat predictable, that can often be said of the story line that many novels follow (romance: boy and girl meet, fall in love, something terrible happens that threatens the relationship, they work it out and all live happily ever after). I dip into young adult novels from time to time, so I think that helped save me from the over-saturation that some people are referring to. I also read most YA novels keeping in mind the audience to whom the books are directed, and that with any fantasy-based novel, you need to suspend logic and "just go with it" in order to get past some aspects of the storyline. For me, the book was an easy read and a nice escape from reality, as well as a nice break from the usual type of book I read.
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. – Neil Gaiman
Latest Review: "Love Built to Last" by Lisa Ricard Claro
Lonerose
Currently Reading: Eyes Of The Woods
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lonerose.html
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Lonerose »

I enjoyed the books. I did read all of the books. luckily i had them all when i started reading them other wise i'm not sure i would not want to wait. They were a quick read. I think i read all of them in a week.
Candace Barrett
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-candace-barrett.html

Post by Candace Barrett »

I have read the entire Mortal Instruments series and I really enjoyed it. They're suspenseful and addicting. Even though the books have a great story line they're a little too lengthy. I don't mind reading long books but it seemed like the story line was dragged out a little.
steampunk_girl
Currently Reading: Turned
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steampunk-girl.html
Latest Review: "The Tale of Lord Zancrist" by April Patterson Clemens
Reading Device: B00H8VUGVC
Publishing Contest Votes: 2

Post by steampunk_girl »

This series is so addicting and full of drama, humor and plot twists! I was really disappointed when the movie turned out crap, I mean why the hell did you have to ruin it for us Mundanes? Anyways I'm glad the series is getting a shot as a show because those can go on forever and tmi gets a second chance to be on the screen looking well good. Also abc family or freefall is a good TV channel so I have my hopes. Wow this turned into a full out movie review...
Latest Review: "The Tale of Lord Zancrist" by April Patterson Clemens
bookkworman

Post by bookkworman »

I have read all of The Mortal Instruments books and they are so good. I am planning on re-reading them after I finish the other tons of books I have to read. I thought Cassandra Clare did a perfect job on writing the books so it felt like you were part of the book. After I finished reading the first book, I watched the movie, and I've got to say, the book was totally better. They made so many mistakes and left out so many important parts.

If you like romance and YA books, I would definitely suggest this series.
Mackenzie L
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mackenzie-l.html

Post by Mackenzie L »

I read the first four books of the Mortal Instruments series. I really enjoyed the first two books of the series. They were action packed and had what I would consider a strong plot. I enjoyed the diversity of the characters and I felt that the supernatural aspect was well done and something that I hadn't seen before. That being said, I found that as the series went one, the plot diminished and became quite repetitive, which I didn't enjoy. I didn't end up finishing the series as I had a very hard time finishing the fourth book. All that aside, I also read Cassandra Clare's branch off series The Infernal Devices and really enjoyed it.
Angellekell

Post by Angellekell »

This is by far one of my favorite series and I honestly love how the author is expanding the story going back and forth between time lives and writing expansions to the world that is the shadow world. I've noticed a lot of comments about them clubbing and what not but feel it necessary to point out that the club in the beginning that clary and Simon went to was a teen club. The world is a lot different then what we are use to because the life time of the characters is considered very short. The characters range all over the place so everyone can truly relate to someone. From the geek to the heart of gold bad boy. Their are touches of real life issues such as young love but also acceptance of yourself as you are but also standing up for yourself to those who may not accept you.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”