Review by Chozyn001 -- Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chozyn001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chozyn001.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Review by Chozyn001 -- Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Chozyn001 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I’m going to be completely honest I was unsure about this one at first. The synopsis grabbed me, but when I started reading the book, I feared I was not going to enjoy it. To put it simply, I wasn’t pulled in. I wasn’t enjoying the characters, the story wasn’t moving at the rate I had been expected, and I just wanted more.

Then that ‘more’ hit me and damn did it hit hard.

I cannot give you an exact page number, an exact sentence, when the change happened but once the change happened, I could not put the story down. It went from a possible 3 ⭐️ rating to a solid 4 out of 4 ⭐️ rating in the blink of the eye, from a story that felt like it would take forever to finish to a single sitting read. In other words, what I’m saying is that you need to give this one a chance. It may not grab you straight away, but I assure you, the story is wonderful once it gets moving.

There’s a lot to take in with this one, the story being extremely rich. We have complex characters they’re multidimensional, we watch them develop, and they’re more than simply ‘good’ or ‘bad’. We have wonderful world building a variety of powers, a rich history, and a story that merges in multiple ways. We have a storyline that holds you attention the individual character storylines, the overall story arc, and the way everything comes together to leave you experiencing a wide mix of emotions throughout.

I honestly cannot begin to express how much my view of this story changed as I continued to read. My love for each new element grew stronger and stronger, leaving me thoroughly addicted to the story. I cannot wait to see where the series heads from here there are so many possibilities, so many things I wish to find out more about, and I’m positive I will love the future books even more than I came to love this one.

Without a doubt, this one is well worth the read.

Opaque
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”