Review by TutorGirlCheyenne -- The Crystilleries of Echo...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TutorGirlCheyenne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tutorgirlcheyenne.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by TutorGirlCheyenne -- The Crystilleries of Echo...

Post by TutorGirlCheyenne »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Will and Emmy Cleary suddenly go missing at 2 years old. Will inexplicably reappears one week later with two curious pets in tow, but where is Emmy? Will's parents spend the next 10 years searching for her, while unconsciously ignoring Will. With his only friends in tow, a wolf and a falcon, twelve year old Will sets out to search for his sister. He is determined to bring her back, no matter the cost.

Will is about to find out he is not nearly as alone as he thinks he is. A strange yet similar world to Will's exists. This world is called Echoland. In this award-winning Young Adult fantasy novel, brought vividly to life by Dew Pellucid, Will learns there is a world parallel to his own. Will's doppelgänger is an Echo who is about to be crowned King, and Will is his Sound. Sounds are humans, and Echo's are their counterparts. When a human is born, their translucent Echo's drift away to Echoland. If a Sound dies, their Echo must die. Together, Will and his Echo must find a way to bring peace to Echoland before it's too late. Will they be able to, or will they run out of time? Find out in this riveting magical tale "The Crystilleries of Echoland."

Magic, crystal balls, glowing plants, ancient books, Fate Sealers, friends, and enemies. You will encounter each of these in this fascinating tale. I most enjoyed the quirky nature of each character and the colorful back stories Pellucid gave each one. There truly wasn't anything I didn't enjoy. The story was well-written and edited. The beginning started a little slow, but quickly picked up and pulled you in until the very end.

Preteens and adults will thoroughly enjoy this coming of age tale about tragedy, diversity, class status, triumph, heartache, love, and friendship. Parents with younger children should be advised that there is some violence within the book. Poisoning, stabbings, dead people in the lake, and attempted murder to name a few. Fantasy lovers of Harry Potter by JK Rowling, the Noble Dead Series by Barb & J.C. Hendee, and Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, will find this non-stop action fantasy a definite page turner that is impossible to put down.

In "The Crystilleries of Echoland", the writer created a magical world we can all relate to. Pellucid perfectly blended two worlds. One world that we the reader live in, and a magical world we wish we could visit. The writer has a captivating ability to make the reader see what he sees and feel what the characters feel. I recommend this book to ages 13 to adult. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because it's a wonderfully written and edited book. Read it, you won't be disappointed.

The Crystilleries of Echoland
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.”. – George R.R. Martin.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Wow when I read through this review, I would have never guessed that it was your first! It is written beautifully and clearly. I cannot wait to see more of your work! :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
TutorGirlCheyenne
Currently Reading:

Katie Canedy wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 22:32 Wow when I read through this review, I would have never guessed that it was your first! It is written beautifully and clearly. I cannot wait to see more of your work! :)
Thank you for such a wonderful compliment! I just finished reading my next book. Time to work on the review. :)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.”. – George R.R. Martin.
MustaHarleen
Currently Reading: Warrior of Shadows: The Final Battle
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mustaharleen.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by MustaHarleen »

I love the exhaustive imagination that went into the writing of this awesome book. Thanks for a wonderful insightful review.
TutorGirlCheyenne
Currently Reading:

MustaHarleen wrote: 19 Dec 2019, 02:58 I love the exhaustive imagination that went into the writing of this awesome book. Thanks for a wonderful insightful review.
The author's imagination would be a wonderful place to visit. Thank you very much for your kind words.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”