Overall Rating and Opinion of The Bone Season

Discuss the April 2014 book of the month, The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon.

How do you rate The Bone Season?

1 star - poor, recommend against reading it
2%
2 stars - fair, okay
35%
3 stars - good, recommend it
44%
4 stars - excellent, amazing
19%

Total votes: 43

Emmers00
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmers00.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Re: Overall Rating and Opinion of The Bone Season

Post by Emmers00 »

This sounds amazing I will be adding it to my list!
Who being loved, is poor?-Mother Theresa
baasil999
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baasil999.html

Post by baasil999 »

After reading the reviews ,I think I am gonna get this book.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

After reading everyone's opinions, it sounds like a pretty interesting book. I'll have to add it to my reading list.
zaynab_m
Favorite Author: J. K. Rowling
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Currently Reading: Rilla of Ingleside
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynab-m.html
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael

Post by zaynab_m »

The book definitely sounds interesting. And judging from all the positive opinions on the book, I'm sure I'll enjoy it too! I hope I can read it soon
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Post by Taylor Razzani »

I hesitated picking up this book after reading what it was about, it seemed a little weird and confusing. But I finally did it and I'm glad I did. I found it to be very unique but at the same time had shades of books like The Hunger Games. It was interesting but frustrating to see the dynamics between the human voyants and the Rephs. I feel like the ending was a little flat and if I was able to not finish a series I probably could get away with not reading the next book. Overall though I really enjoyed it and appreciated that it was much more interesting and exciting than I had originally thought.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I haven't read the book yet but the reviews are good enough. So, I would like to read this book. Then I will give my rating to this book :)
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Misstena 32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Misstena 32 »

To this day I'm hooked on the series...the bone season was one of those books i just picked up in the library because the cover was inticing and I was instantly drawn to it....in fact, I didn't even read what it was about...when I got it home and started reading I was sucked into the fantastic world that Samantha Shannon has created with characters that are less than perfect thAt u are instantly rooting for and dying to learn more about. She has created this imagery that it all takes place in this futuristic yet semi dilapidated and poverty stricken ancient version of London ...focusing not on your everyday "normies" or working class but, the underground crime syndicate...it is intriguing since these characters are not necessarily there by choice but because they have to hide their identity since the government does not accept their extraordinary gifts they were born with...She has created such an elaborate story line with an amazing creative structure...from the slang [which is not always easy to introduce successfully to readers] to the various forms of supernatural abilities and the unlikely alliances and betrayls this book has the makings of a magnificent series...i was instantly drawn to her vision and characters and left wanting more...i am currently on her third book song rising...to this day she is one of my favorite authors...I'm hoping this series gets picked up and made into movies because I feel her story is so unique and has the star power of "twighlight". I love how she can make u want to strangle certain characters like paige our heroine known as the pale dreamer or dreamwalker for her stubbornness but yet u are still rooting for her and can understand her raging hateful responses to her situations...there is so much detail to her writing which makes it so easy to get lost in her world and hard to put down her books! I recommend this book to everyone I am close to and so far most people have truly enjoyed it...it is so easy to build a painted picture from her words , it's as if u can see each character and hear their emotion as they speak and see their pain and anger and worry in any given situation...the imagery is so elegantly described that u can truely see each setting and feel the bitter cold and smell the damp muggy ruins , and even imagine the pain stricken hunger that some of the characters suffer thru...this book will take u on a journey to a parralel world to that we know...one that is recognizable but yet very different from the everyday happenings of modern day London...I love the book so much I've read each of the first 2 books 3 times [I know what ur thinking but, I like it that much..lol]💙
kelvinmwaniki17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinmwaniki17.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by kelvinmwaniki17 »

I loved this review it was interesting to read and easy to understand honestly, it made me want to read the book even more.
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

I've heard many great things about this book, but the gushing reviews it is getting here have convinced me to give it a try!
Ted-99
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ted-99 »

This book is interesting! Let the author write this series beautifully! I can wait for new stories!
Sunday Onuorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-onuorah.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Sunday Onuorah »

I have just began reading the book and I find it fairly interesting. However, the first few chapters dumped a little more information on me than I would have liked it to. But overall, this book is quite interesting.

Return to “"The Bone Season" by Samantha Shannon”