How to Promote Your Independently Published Book or Ebook

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Blacksheep69
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How to Promote Your Independently Published Book or Eboo

Post by Blacksheep69 »

Hello, my question is somewhat unusual...I have published my life journey under a pseudonym for obvious reasons if you read it . My book is my adoption journey and features loved ones who are unaware I have used writing as my therapeutic outlet for some years . So my question is (and now I have a very famous fan and reader of my work) I want to catapult my book to the next level now its on the market BUT how can I do this and still remain anonymous? Please dont say I cant as I wont find that especially helpful....Looking for advice as to how I can promote it as my blog already attracts many followers who tell me its a great help and resource to adoptees and adopters alike
Thanks in advance! :lol: :techie-studyingbrown:
hhhsquare35
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by hhhsquare35 »

A good article giving insight into how to promote Independently published book or Ebook.
Barbara Dominick

Post by Barbara Dominick »

Great information. If I had this info before I published I could have saved myself some frustration. Writing was the easy part, publishing-- a bit of a challenge, but marketing is off the chart. Seems authors have to be proactive with time, money, energy and other resources in order to meet the challenges. This is an enormous learning experience for me and I appreciate all these tips.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Thanks for this well informed article Scott. I am currently working on my first fiction novel that I hope to publish in the not so distant future. I know I am getting ahead of myself but I am already thinking about how I should go about publishing the book.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

I've been self-publishing for a little over 2 years now and I believe I can say with confidence that it's 95% in the marketing. You don't even have to write well. I reviewed a book by an author who shall remain nameless, who self-published, who managed to get it into the Top 100 on Amazon... the Holy Grail for traditionally published and self-published alike. It was the worst pile of unreadable tosh I've read in a long time, and judging by the reviews, a lot of other people thought so too. Yet other people kept BUYING it!
The only thing I can put it down to is that she had a hella good marketing plan going on.
katiestardis
Currently Reading: Just Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by katiestardis »

Thanks for the tips. I'm getting ready to self-publish my first book and will keep these things in mind.
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

Thanks a lot for this. I haven't done any publishing but I hope to soon, and your article is very helpful.
metawriter

Post by metawriter »

:shock: I've never thought about advertising a review. I can definitely see how it helps with credibility for a writer's book though. Good stuff. I will be putting the information to good use.
Trixy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 317
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trixy.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Trixy »

Great post! Thanks a lot, I´m expecting more reviews but slowly i´ll be able to get more...
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

How long till I start earning from my book? I am planning to write.
If my writing is average, will it take me years to gain good audience and some money?
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

Is there much of a market for ebook novellas? I know that novellas are coming "back in style," so to speak, but not sure how well they do in ebook format. I have almost completed a novella-length story and am looking to pursue the electronic format rather than mess with print publishing.
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Nice article, am very grateful for the tips as am planning on publishing some research articles. Thanks
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
uaetechnicianae

Post by uaetechnicianae »

You can put it on Amazon store and other online selling directories.
Trixy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 317
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trixy.html

Post by Trixy »

Well, this is an interesting article, but paying for honest reviews are only for people who can afford it, probably i would even here, on this page, if my books were written in english but it´s not the case. But i can say that whether it be written in one language or another is still very challenging to selfpromote.
Arushi Singh
Currently Reading: Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arushi-singh.html
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite

Post by Arushi Singh »

Thank you so much for this. I really needed this.
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite

Return to “Writing Discussion”