How To Get A Book Published

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Hardekunley1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How To Get A Book Published

Post by Hardekunley1 » 03 Jun 2018, 06:15

Mine dream is coming true in getting pulished......... thanks

My Blessing 21

Post by My Blessing 21 » 22 Jun 2018, 00:14

I have written some poems and I want to publish them. I would like some information on how to do that. I also am in the process of writing a book. It takes a lot of thought to write the book. However a poem I can write in a matter of minutes. I would like to make a short book of poems and publish it. How much would that cost? Does anyone know?

semtru3
Currently Reading:

Post by semtru3 » 28 Jun 2018, 11:16

I have often wanted to write a book about my life.
It would better than fiction
I just can't start
Does anyone have a answers to where I would start

SparklesonPages
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages » 03 Jul 2018, 14:28

Thank you for this post. I am seriously weighing the self publishing route versus sourcing a publisher. Having recognition from the professionals as well as the marketing aspect make that route more appealing at the moment. Naturally the fear of never hearing back from publishers is ever present.

mexamor86
Currently Reading: Zeva
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by mexamor86 » 09 Jul 2018, 08:20

Apt and informative. Useful for aspiring writers

mac83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mac83.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by mac83 » 20 Aug 2018, 16:27

This post is helpful. I would like to publish a book of my poetry some day. There are a lot of sites out there nowadays that let you publish your own book. I don't know how well that works though. I would say it would involve doing ones own marketing to get it out there and noticed.
Mac :techie-reference:

Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat » 25 Sep 2018, 23:27

The marketing aspect of self-publishing scares me silly, as I am the worst salesperson I have ever met! Nor am I one to jump on the personal publicity bandwagon and launch myself into the public eye for any reason. I have written a children's book that has been favourably reviewed by peers and their children, but it will probably remain on my desktop, forever unread because I'm just the biggest coward! :roll:

Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal » 08 Nov 2018, 20:18

I wrote 550 (email) queries. 550 rejections. Glad I didn't need stamps! Not sure what to do, but I do have a new, better book to promote. I'm getting consistently good reviews on this new one.

Beth Babb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Beth Babb » 26 Nov 2018, 21:27

It would be wonderful to see your book in print....of course, you have to write it first. Ha ha :D

Return to “Writing Discussion”