Most unusual method you use to write?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
BeingTheWriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beingthewriter.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Most unusual method you use to write?

Post by BeingTheWriter » 14 Jul 2018, 15:29

I often times will resort to typing out stories on my phone (usually when I'm taking the bus home from work). So, I'm curious, what are some unusual methods you do to write out your stories/poems, etc.?

Cardinalsparrow
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: Andalusian in Jerusalem
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Cardinalsparrow » 05 Aug 2018, 16:30

I write different scenes in a story and later try to piece then together... I usually write the beginning and the end first before the others

jjmainor
Currently Reading: Bug Hunt
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by jjmainor » 07 Aug 2018, 23:43

I'm working on graphic novels right now, so the images are created with DAZ3D and the actual writing is done in Gimp. It's actually a challenge because there is no spellcheck...

Harley-Panda
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Harley-Panda » 08 Aug 2018, 01:34

BeingTheWriter wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 15:29
I often times will resort to typing out stories on my phone (usually when I'm taking the bus home from work). So, I'm curious, what are some unusual methods you do to write out your stories/poems, etc.?
I do this too! Somehow I find I can write more when there's noise and movement around me than when I'm sat at home.

When I'm stuck for ideas I often listen to a song and try to create a story from it - it seems to get the creative juices flowing so I can carry on my writing.
I go to seek a Great Perhaps

Return to “Writing Discussion”