Where to Submit Work Online

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
KatSims92
Currently Reading: The Beauty Myth
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsims92.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Where to Submit Work Online

Post by KatSims92 »

So, I've only started freelance writing since about March of this year, and I was wondering if any of you have any good places where you submit your writing online. I've submitted to some greeting card companies, blogs, and some websites, but I'm always looking for more that don't mind beginners. Any suggestions?
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I'm not sure what your goal is, but I'm a member of a great community called https://theprose.com; most of the writing is for fun and you can post your writings to the Feed. You can also enter fun "competitions" with recognition being the only prize; these also include a prompt (that's my personal favorite part of the site). Best of all, there's always at least one competition being hosted by a publishing house of some sort, so they're obviously okay with amateur writers. And once you have built up some Followers, you get a lot of feedback and comments, as well. Incidentally, I haven't been there in a while because I'm too busy reading and review-writing these days, ha-ha, but I did check in on them about two days ago and will make it my business to go back more regularly.
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

It depends on what type of writing you do. But you can check out Authors Publish Magazine online. They’ve got a wide list of potential publishers and websites to submit work to.
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Post by sszb »

MsTri wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 17:16 I'm not sure what your goal is, but I'm a member of a great community called https://theprose.com; most of the writing is for fun and you can post your writings to the Feed. You can also enter fun "competitions" with recognition being the only prize; these also include a prompt (that's my personal favorite part of the site). Best of all, there's always at least one competition being hosted by a publishing house of some sort, so they're obviously okay with amateur writers. And once you have built up some Followers, you get a lot of feedback and comments, as well. Incidentally, I haven't been there in a while because I'm too busy reading and review-writing these days, ha-ha, but I did check in on them about two days ago and will make it my business to go back more regularly.
Your reply is very helpful to me. Thank you. God bless you 💐💐💐❤️❤️
‏We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.”

‏ Middleton, Jacquelyn.
jjmainor
Currently Reading: The House Where Evil Dwells...Thirteen Tells
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Post by jjmainor »

You mention greeting cards, have you checked out the novelty tee and gift sites like Cafe Press (I think that's the one I'm thinking of)? Write a clever little slogan and put it on a shirt or a coffee mug. Then just let them sell it on their site.
elissasmart
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by elissasmart »

If you write articles I guess that the best kickoff point is Medium
I hope someday I'll be a featured at the main page

Return to “Writing Discussion”