What are you writing at the moment?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
NRoach
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nroach.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

What are you writing at the moment?

Post by NRoach »

Just as the title says! What's your current work in progress?

Mine's an (arguably) YA novel about two girls that fall in love, and everything goes horribly, horribly wrong. Pretty simple.

What about you?
BeingTheWriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beingthewriter.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by BeingTheWriter »

Well, I'm writing about fairy tell characters who break free of their stories and out into the real world. And I'm enjoying it although my motivation slacking can get in the way. :) But it's fun and funny so far!
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I'm working on a romance/erotica story. I haven't quite nailed down details since I'm still in the planning stages. I hope to plan it all out this month, then start writing next month.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

I used to write short stories when I was a teen. I had a notebook full of stories. One was my favorite baby, but I don't even have the notebook anymore. I think I will rewrite it, plus I have other stories floating around in my head. Might as well hop to it.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Hannah Mo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mo.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hannah Mo »

I am currently writing a horror thriller about the dangers of human trafficking. I feel it is a subject most people dare not to touch which is why I spend a lot of time making sure I get things accurate as possible.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I keep going on and off with a story about a girl who discovers a hidden world in her house and finds out a lot of things about herself that she had no idea about until she arrives. Currently, I've been focusing more on short stories and poetry, but hoping to finish that story idea since I plan on making that a novel.
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

My story is about 2 guys: a busker and an idol who are living in South Korea; an extremely conservative society as you may all know. They fall in love, but the idol ignores his feelings because he doesn't know, and wasn't taught anything else. But, his feelings for the busker are growing every single day and with comes a lot of struggles, especially when the busker feels the exact same way. It's a long cycle of sadness and becoming true to yourself and I'm really proud of the progress I made so far.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

I just finished writing my second memoir about hiking the Appalachian Trail with double vision. I'm not sure what I will be writing next, maybe a third memoir about my current project building a tiny home out of a school bus. I'm never not writing thou, I keep a journal, so I guess thats what I'm writing - I just think of it like breathing though. It's something I always am doing.
clint_csperry-org
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clint-csperry-org.html
Latest Review: Executive Hoodlum by John Costello

Post by clint_csperry-org »

Most current is a Fantasy story about a young girl whose abilities far exceed those around her. It is about dealing with the prejudices in her society, it is about her being her own person regardless of the pressures around her or maybe that should say despite the pressures around her.
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-but-not-kaitlyn.html
Latest Review: Letters to Sis by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

Post by Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn »

I'm currently writing a dystopian YA lit where a young adult is searching for a child she had for the government's eugenics program when she was 16. I'm definitely at a road block with it though. I know where I started and where I want to end but knowing just how to connect them can be rough.

Return to “Writing Discussion”