WHAT KIND OF BOOKS DO YOU LIKE WRITING?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
lennycamacho2019
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: WHAT KIND OF BOOKS DO YOU LIKE WRITING?

Post by lennycamacho2019 »

Aisha I wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 00:43 Mostly, writers prefer to write short stories as they seem to be stress free. The lovers of poetry prefer to write in the poetry world. But the problem lies in people who are in love with the prose or play. One may have a very interesting story but the choice in style of writing becomes a problem as sometimes it is difficult to know whether to write long or short stories. I prefer to write in style of prose and I enjoy the flexibility of including narration, description and much more. And in addition I prefer the longer form of writing to short stories.

What can you say about this?
What are you preferences and why did you choose them?
You've gotta try as many styles and genres as you can.

A well-read friend of mine once advised that I should try writing as many genres as possible because you never know that may come out of it. I think that has been one of the best advice I've gotten so far. I guess that is the reason why I'm trying this club: writing book reviews is writing in the end. Of course, there will be genres where you shine the most, but it's always good to peek out of your comfort zone once in a while.
GalmOne
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GalmOne »

I've never heard this piece of advice, but it might be worth trying. I've never, for example, written love stories, or horror stories, but I'll try giving them a try and coming up with a short 3 to 10-page story if I want to write but can't progress on my main project some day.

But then, it's always easier to write about something you really enjoy. If you're enjoying yourself when writing, it makes it much easier and will often result in something better, so if there's a genre you find boring, it may not be worth delving in it... unless you want to put it upside down and try to write a story that would make this genre interesting for you.
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

I like writing short mysteries, then put the clues back together and give an AHA! moment.
Kind of like Sherlock Holmes.

Return to “Writing Discussion”