What is your Motivation?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
prospero1501
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prospero1501.html

Re: What is your Motivation?

Post by prospero1501 »

I think my biggest motivation to write is because I have always been a very creative person who desires to leave behind a family legacy. Of course, I also want to prove to myself that I'm not a loser.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

My motivation to write is my belief that this is my God-given talent and purpose in this world. I personally believe that my purpose in this world is to create a love of reading into children all over the world. I'm purposed to teach and write books that would capture the hearts or children and adults alike. I know all of this sounds too grand but my beliefs are my greatest motivation to write. ????
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
katiestardis
Currently Reading: Just Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by katiestardis »

I love writing. That's my motivation. It makes me happy to tell a story and hear people's reactions to it. To have someone ask when the next part of the story will be done makes my heart skip a beat. There's nothing quite like it.
Victor Rose
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)

Post by Victor Rose »

1. I write because I have a story to tell that no one has told yet.
2. I write to overcome my limitations.
3. I write because the voices in my head won't stop until a put their words on paper. :wink:
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I am lazy to write on papers. So mostly I do is typing. I like to spend time with my laptop so, typing stories with that is pretty much bearable since I also have the problem of lack of motivation. Google speech to text is another good way for writing. Just try it
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

amandagrace24 wrote: 19 Jan 2016, 11:31 I've been writing since elementary school, pretty much. I went to an arts high school and had a concentration in creative writing. Since leaving high school, I have had such a lack of motivation lately! How do you guys stay in the zone and feel inspired to write? What helps you get in the mood and actually put pen to paper, or fingers to keys?
I believe there's no a secret portion to keep you motivated. But I normally get motivated by reading someone else's book, listening to music, walking around the streets. But most of the times it happens suddenly.
Casey Kowalewsky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casey-kowalewsky.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by Casey Kowalewsky »

I know I can, and I always have a story going in my head. Challenging myself by getting it from brain to paper has become my motivation.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I hear character voices in my head. If I don't write what I hear, then my head over fills to bursting with a non stop of babble from characters trying to make themselves heard. That's my motivation... Silencing the constant chatter.

Return to “Writing Discussion”