Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
AJMcD
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajmcd.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Re: Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Post by AJMcD »

I'm seriously thinking about it. The word count is a bit higher than my usual writing pace though.
miriamjoyreads
Currently Reading: King Arthur's Enchantresses
Bookshelf Size: 524
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriamjoyreads.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by miriamjoyreads »

Wow, this is an old thread -- it's been around since 2011?! My answer would be the same every year since then, though: I've been doing NaNo since 2009 and I'll probably keep doing it, because I enjoy the sense of community. The 50k wordcount target isn't too much of a challenge for me (although it's been a lot harder to manage alongside an intense university course), but I like knowing that other people are writing alongside me and that we're all in it together. And it's a good way to bang out a first draft :)
Lizzie Robinson
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-robinson.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Lizzie Robinson »

I didn't realise how old this thread was until I entered, but it's cool that people are still talking about this! And yes, I will definitely be doing NaNoWriMo this year. I've been doing NaNoWriMo since 2014, and last year I did both Camp NaNoWriMos. I absolutely love doing NaNo (even though it's extremely stressful and takes over my life, haha) and I always look forward to it. I'm even already planning what I'll be writing for it this year. I've become progressively more of a planner through the years. Maybe it'll make it easier to start so early. (Maybe.)
Polgesteirg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-polgesteirg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Polgesteirg »

I'd never heard of this event until now but I'm going to look into it. Seeing the date though I might not even have enough time to put into it since college and life in general. It might be interesting to participate though!
glitterrain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glitterrain.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by glitterrain »

ahaha, I tried... once. I got barely 1000 words in. I envy people who can even get halfway there in a month. XD
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I've always wondered if I should try NaNoWriMo. I think I'll give it a try this upcoming November but the idea is a bit scary! I like that you can get a writing buddy and encourage one another.
RLDunnAuthor
Currently Reading: Heartaches
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by RLDunnAuthor »

I've tried to do this multiple times and can't seem to get the hang of it, despite writing about 1000 words per day on average. Any help would be appreciated.
Zilelabelle
Currently Reading: Dragonfriend
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilelabelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by Zilelabelle »

:raises hand: I am! I try to do it every year. I’m not always successful, but I almost always come out of it with a ton of material. It seems pretty win-win to me.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

I tried it before, failed, but now that my life's a bit different, I might try it again. Maybe I'll even win this year, but I'm not counting on it.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Tcutshall
Currently Reading: Mine to Protect
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Tcutshall »

I plan on once again participating in NaNo. This will be my fifth year. Last year I tried but because we had just moved right before I was unable to fully commit and barely reached 5,000 words. 😞
[kp]
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by [kp] »

I've done it several years and was a Municipal Liaison in my area for three years. Right now my life is crazy, so I probably won't be participating in any form this year. Some years have been positive, and I think NaNo is good to help writers learn about themselves and how they best work (some people love the deadline).
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

I will giving it a try this year. I've had success with some essays, articles, and short stories but this will be my first attempt at a novel. Thank goodness I work well under pressure.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

it is actually my dream to be able to finish my book for Nanowrimo and get it published. i will think about it this year if i will enter or not.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

I'm participating. I'm working on finishing 2 projects this month and then two the next camp and then another 2 in November.
lucia_kizas
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucia-kizas.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by lucia_kizas »

Wow! I am new to this and finding the info about writing contests is priceless! Thank you! I will surely give it a try this year.

Return to “Writing Discussion”