Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Topcho
Favorite Author: J.R.R.Tolkien
Currently Reading: z2
Bookshelf Size: 853
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topcho.html
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly

Re: Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Post by Topcho »

Ah, I'm just starting the writing for day 3. I hope to put some words now, then I have to go to dancing lesson, and I will try to write some more when I come back.
And in the end, I did become a Nano rebel again. Sigh. I tried to avoid it, but I guess this is how I am. Yesterday I wrote 800 words on my main project and then threw bit more than 1k words on another. I like working on more than one project. In this case the one has action and drama, the other is purely about the fun. Totals for now I have 3488 word on Main Project №1 and 1155 with Side Project №1. I am numbering them because I fear more will pop up! Anyway, I am always happy when I am able to put some words on the sheet. Thanks god I found the Rebels subforum tho, or I'd be feeling very guilty. XD
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I was contemplating starting a side project because of how many outlines I have that keep popping up but I am resisting the temptation for now because I have had a hard enough time trying to write around my children hollering "mommy" all day and my dog trying to take up my lap and the laptop with his big ol head. By the time bedtime rolls around I am not very confident and ready to just sleep. Lol.

-- November 3rd, 2015, 12:32 pm --

And lo and behold I have started a side project! I just couldn't resist! :lol:
mvinge
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvinge.html

Post by mvinge »

I'm doing NaNoWriMo! 17k words so far this year. My user name is werewolfperks if you're looking for me on there.
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

I just submitted my daily word count i hit 18,000 today! I am loving this so so much. Does anybody want ot talk about their plot or characters they love writing about?
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
literaturelover
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading: Chances
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literaturelover.html
Latest Review: "Red Romeo" by Peter Bernhardt
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by literaturelover »

I'm participating for the first time this year. I'm very behind and i've had to overcome unintentional sabotage from my 2 year old, but i'm quite proud of the fact that i've and stuck with, the same idea and characters. normally i get discouraged or get a case of doubt and give up. i might not finish but i've already surpassed my own personal goals and expectations! For anyone else participating good luck!
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
Jane Austen
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

Congratulations literaturelover! writing with kids is super hard. Today is the first time I tried to write with all 4 of the kids in the house and it was a little bit of a nightmare. I totally agree that meeting your own goals is all that really matters! good luck!
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I have 3 girls 4 and under that I manage to write around and it is definitely no cake walk!
I had something come up that put me way behind so now I am determined to play catch up. I was over 8k words behind now I'm just a little over 6k behind at 23,517 words. I'm hoping to at least get to 25k tonight that way it won't be so bad in the coming days!
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I've been following a couple of you and I'm so happy that everyone seems to be sticking with it!!! Yay!
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

:D :D :D I have been trying my hardest to stick with it. Had a major set back but I am getting caught up slowly but surely! :D
TPArchie
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by TPArchie »

Butterbescotch wrote:Any one having intention in joining?
Did it two years back. It's great if you want something else to spur you on.
Thought about it late October and immediately discarded the idea as I was already committed to another project (now complete).
literaturelover

I tried it for the first time this year. Made it to 25,000 words and then I got bogged down by other commitments (hey someone has to prepare the Thanksgiving meal at my house!) I really enjoyed it and it pushed me to go beyond just toying with the idea of writing a novel. I usually start out strong, then get a bad case of nerves and delete the whole thing. This time I stayed the course and I'm pretty proud of myself even if I didn't meet the 50,000 word count goal.
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
Jane Austen
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I agree. I would have made it but there was an emergency that took us out of town for almost a week and then thanksgiving when I was unable to write. I am proud I made it to 43k words!

There is always next year though and I am looking forward to it!
literaturelover

B3cca 3ll3r wrote:Congratulations literaturelover! writing with kids is super hard. Today is the first time I tried to write with all 4 of the kids in the house and it was a little bit of a nightmare. I totally agree that meeting your own goals is all that really matters! good luck!
Thanks, it was hard and I didn't make the deadline but I got more done than I ever have before! Hope you met your goals! :P

-- 02 Dec 2015, 15:30 --

This forum needs a "Like" button haha
Jane Austen
tracey clark
Currently Reading: Stories in Green Ink
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by tracey clark »

love NaNo... this was my second year... and I am now finishing my second novel... it is a great help... and the new Pronoun site some of the Nano peeps came up with is great...
Loverockers
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... lations</a>
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loverockers.html
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott

Post by Loverockers »

I vow to myself every year that I will join Nanowrimo, but somehow, when the time finally rolls around, I already have tons of other things to do. Ahh, oh well, someday maybe.
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott

Return to “Writing Discussion”