Quotes about Writing - What are some of your favorites?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Archie Tewksbury
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Quotes about Writing - What are some of your favorites?

Post by Archie Tewksbury » 18 Nov 2017, 04:11

one of my favorite quote on writing is “We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.” Yes when we write we just remember the scenario and taste the moment once again.

SherryEdwards
2018 Reading Goal: 22
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SherryEdwards » 22 Jan 2018, 11:04

I like much this one quote
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" by Maya Angelou, author of "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
I think it can inspire to write more and more.

Vivianne Nat
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Vivianne Nat » 23 Mar 2018, 08:57

This quote has been stuck in my mind ever since i read it years ago.

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Lang Leav
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav

Morgan Jones
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: When Time Stands Still by Sara Furlong Burr

Post by Morgan Jones » 06 Jun 2018, 10:12

"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." -Toni Morrison

This quote made me start my first book 5 years ago, and I'm so glad I came accross it.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon

Return to “Writing Discussion”