Unfinished Novels?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Re: Unfinished Novels?

Post by Alice Thokchom »

Yes, o have two unfinished novels. I will give away the titles: 'Breaking the broken heart' and modern evolution.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
lucia_kizas
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucia-kizas.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by lucia_kizas »

Oh, yes! As of today, I have 6 unfinished stories... Each one of them containing more than 50 000 words... To my defense, I did finish writing one - I just haven't edited it yet. Instead, I wrote three new ones since then.:oops: For this year's NaNo, I actually rewrote my very first story I was struggling with before. I believe, it is good to put something you work on aside for a while - time gives you a new perspective.
Amber Ackerman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amber Ackerman »

Currently, I have two unfinished novels and one idea in the creative process in my mind. It is challenging for me to find time to set down and work on my writing when I am a full time mother, teacher, student, and wife. I barely find the time to eat a hot meal let alone sit down and write. I am working on making the time as my creative juices seem to be overflowing at this moment and I am afraid I will explode if I don't get it out. :shifty:
Tessa23Darling
Currently Reading: The Fire Within
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessa23darling.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Tessa23Darling »

I have a five part novel series that's all in progress at the same time. I'd love to get one finished as I can publish one and work on finishing the others, but I've got a feeling they'll all wrap up around the same time. I do have a few short stories I've written and finished so those give me confidence that I can actually finish a written work at some point.
Orithea
Favorite Author: Jonathan Stroud
Currently Reading: Catalina's Riddle
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orithea.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro
fav_author_id: 3854

Post by Orithea »

Each new NaNoWriMo births a new unfinished manuscript ^^...
I end up getting so excited about my next idea and all those scenes and places I want to write about that I start something new instead of finishing what I’ve already drafted. The one thing that you’re absolutely not supposed to do if you actually want to put something out into the world someday *sigh*
“I want to be an author when I grow up. Am I insane?"
"Yes. Growing up is highly overrated. Just be an author." (Neil Gaiman)
lisalynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalynn.html
Latest Review: Sex on every Paige by Graham Spaid

Post by lisalynn »

I have several novels going, but all are in the completed rough draft form and are ready to go to editing. I do have one that I'm so totally not happy with the ending that I'm completely reworking it. That could be counted as an incomplete.
Kyrenora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrenora.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Kyrenora »

I have at least a dozen unfinished novels. There are a couple I'm still actively working on. Some have been completely abandoned. Others I might return to at some point. I've let them stagnate for a variety of reasons. In some cases, I realized that there just wasn't enough there to actually create an interesting novel. Those ones might be reworked into short stories or something.

I have one that's been sitting around for a long time now. It was a vampire story, and I was about halfway through my first draft when Twilight became a sensation. Once that took off, the literary market, television, and film were all absolutely saturated with vampires. I might go back to that one soon. I think it's been long enough and I believe it's actually a really good story.

Return to “Writing Discussion”