Are you a quiet person? Are most writers quiet?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
MedleyLORE
Favorite Book: A Killer's Mind
Currently Reading: A River in Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Are you a quiet person? Are most writers quiet?

Post by MedleyLORE »

That is quite comically ironic. I consider myself a writer, and I too fail in the art of speech. XD
I can not hold a conversation even if it could save the would from a slow burning death. Hahaha. I think we write because we do want to speak but are either to afraid or not confident enough to use our voices. Introverted is the exact word defining me, but when you read any of my stories they are extensive in every sense of the word.
I can’t really see myself starting a conversation but I can create one when I feel safe behind my worded canvas.
jjmainor
Currently Reading: The House Where Evil Dwells...Thirteen Tells
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Post by jjmainor »

cooltodd wrote: 28 Jan 2007, 10:52 I find that most writers, myself included, are generally quiet people, often introverted. They're deep thinkers, but usually tend not to be as much small talkers. This seems kind of ironic, since they talk so much through writing.

Do you find the same? Or not? Are you a writer; do you consider yourself to be quiet? :?:
I've always been shy...maybe writing is how we express ourselves because we aren't at ease in social situations...
Asisha Joseph
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asisha-joseph.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Asisha Joseph »

I'm not the quiet kind at all, more like bubbly and vibrant.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I am quite when I am with my family, but when I am with quirky people I got hype up and sometimes I just babble nonsense things, I get talkative if the person I am with is talkative.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I am quite when I am with my family, but when I am with quirky people I got hype up and sometimes I just babble nonsense things, I get talkative if the person I am with is talkative.
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

I feel like I am a quiet person but not out of a sense of shyness. To me the more people talk the less they are saying. If you are going to talk I think you need to be concise and to the point of the statement you are trying to make. I was shy as a young kid but I've kind of grown out of it. It's okay to be shy but you can't let that stop you.
thankgod uzo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by thankgod uzo »

I really feel that most writers are quiet like myself. we communicate more with our pen and paper. I also know a few writers who are extroverts
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

I'm quiet and was very shy when I was younger. I'm less shy than I was, but I would still be considered an introvert and a loner. I enjoy the company of my family, but I also need my 'me' time.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Post by sszb »

I am introvert. In fact, I am proud to be introvert. It makes me a good listener.
‏We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.”

‏ Middleton, Jacquelyn.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

I'm a quiet type of person. Especially when I'm amidst of new colleagues, i'll feel like a stranger. But if I'm with my known forks, I'm as loud and jovial as anything.

Generally, when it comes to expressing myself, I can't express myself better as I'd wanted with verbal style, but am always comfortable expressing myself in writing, almost all my mind is poured out even accordingly as I've desired. With talking, only one-quarter of my mind could be puredout.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Alice Thokchom »

I think most of the writers are quite. I am too. Because I am quite, it allows me to think and create from my imagination.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
Ice dragon
Currently Reading: The last oracle
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ice-dragon.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Ice dragon »

I'm not a quiet person; I'm loud, over-opinionated, wacky and passionate about life, justice, language and relish the beauty of using creativity as my expression. My most dominant voice has always been expressed in writing.
I tend to lose the flow of life due to severe mental illness but I have that constant in writing
elissasmart

Post by elissasmart »

I'm not really quiet, I just like to stare and listen. When I look at people I learn and get something new. If you talk too much you can miss a lot of interesting things. Here is an article about extroverted/introverted writers, it may be interesting to read for somebody.
stevelaube. com/the-extroverted-writer/
JordanKSmith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordanksmith.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JordanKSmith »

I'm quiet and reclusive. I seriously love people, but I need a lot of time to myself. As a kid, I found the creepy and quiet corners to rest and think. I pushed the devil out of the dark and made my home there, lol.
If it looks bad, you've zoomed in too far.

Unconditional love is impossible until you can look at yourself without judgment.
(9 of 175 Books by 12/1/19)
kaynic2125

Post by kaynic2125 »

I'm only a quiet person when I'm around people I don't know, when I'm around friends that I trust which I'm sad to say are not many. But when I'm comfortable around people I am not as quiet. However I do my best talking as a writer.

Return to “Writing Discussion”