How long have you been writing?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: How long have you been writing?

Post by KCWolf »

Wow, it really makes me feel old to admit that I've been writing for over 30 years.
I started in college when I was a dance major...and long story short, hung up my pointe shoes and began penning my earliest stories and poems. I used my grandmother's old manual typewriter. THen, eventually purchased a Brother word processor (remember those? hehe!)

Technology has become my friend and a big aid in my writing process over the past three decades.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Asisha Joseph
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asisha-joseph.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Asisha Joseph »

About 5 years now, with a 2 year gap in between.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I have been writing since I was in my first year of high school. It started with a project in English, and I love doing it so since then I write stuff if I am in the mood and if I want to.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

I considered myself a writer even since my high school days. Whenever we were given writing exercise, I always have alot- more than expected to write. May be because I can think but can't talk that much.
JordanKSmith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordanksmith.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JordanKSmith »

Do you consider yourself to be a writer?
Yes, if you decide on a gradient.
No, if talent is the determining factor, lol. I have determination, so I'll become amazing over time.

How long have you been writing?
I have been writing inconsistently for a decade. Most of my writing has been for niche websites, so most of it isn't exactly exciting. I am going to grow my creative side, so I want to expose my brain to as much writing as possible. That's a big part of why I am here. This site is basically paid college. :)

What got you started?
I have a difficult time talking with people. Writing fills my social and emotional requirements. My verbal communication will improve, but this works for now. :)

Also, I have pictures in my head that I have a frustratingly difficult time relaying to people. Writing has allowed me to communicate some of it.
If it looks bad, you've zoomed in too far.

Unconditional love is impossible until you can look at yourself without judgment.
(9 of 175 Books by 12/1/19)
chamomile
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by chamomile »

Still in school, but I considered myself and writer only recently. Just 2 years, which definitely means I have a lot ahead of me.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I always loved creative writing in school! That's what got me started years ago, and then in high school, my English teacher encouraged me to take my writing further. I've been writing for years now.
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-but-not-kaitlyn.html
Latest Review: Letters to Sis by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

Post by Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn »

If all the fanfics I wrote on PonyIsland count I've been writing since I was 11 or 12, but serious works I've been writing since my senior year of high school or about two years.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I don't write fiction; only required writing at school. But when I discovered this site, I started to read, write, and learn more.

Return to “Writing Discussion”