Coffee or Tea?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Nathrad Sheare
Favorite Author: Hawthorne and Poe
Favorite Book: The Scarlet Letter
Currently Reading: Too much
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathrad-sheare.html
Latest Review: "No Poverty Between the Sheets" by Pauline Kiely

Re: Coffee or Tea?

Post by Nathrad Sheare »

Coffee! I must have my coffee! I do like tea, particularly chamomile with a little honey, maybe even twisted with some Chinese white... I also like black tea with caramel and vanilla hints. So good! So good... But coffee is the BEST. Ever had it with a couple of pieces of chocolate melted at the bottom? Oh, and I know this may not be the most ironic thing anyone's heard, but I like to, around five or seven or so, have a cup with all my usual trimmings and a splash of chocolate wine. Belissimo!

-- 16 Dec 2013, 20:30 --

If I don't have something to stimulate the neurochemicals, I'm completely useless... Anyone here ever actually been driven so far as to try writing while almost entirely exhausted of energetic resources??? I have... It DON'T woike!
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream at night.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Madcap Syzygii
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Madcap Syzygii »

What an odd thing to ask...but I guess a routine before writing is as important as what you do while writing. I like to have food with me at all times. I am a muncher, so I have to have something in my mouth whenever I am working. For some reason, when I study, do homework, write or read, I get so hungry. A good, small, sooooometimes healthy snack is a good way to go for me. ;-) As far as beverage goes, I love my Grande, mocha Frappuccino, with extra mocha, one shot of peppermint, with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, and, depending on the season, chocolate shaving sprinkles on top. That's with full-fat milk, caffeinated coffee, and an extra order of calories. :P Did all of that make you want to go out and get a coffee right now? Cuz, man, oh man I made myself want one so bad now! Too bad Starbucks isn't open at...oh what do you know, they are open! Wait...I haven't gone to sleep yet...dang it! :shock:
Frioni
Favorite Author: Terry Goodkind
Favorite Book: Wizards First Rule
Currently Reading: Allegiant and Naked Empire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frioni.html
fav_author_id: 5284

Post by Frioni »

I prefer coffee over tea. Personally, I love them strong with just a hint of flavored cream, such as french vanilla, to make it sweet enough to taste, but bitter enough to enjoy the flavor of the coffee bean. Although, coffee does not actually get me "fueled up" to write, it actually makes me calm because coffee makes me fall asleep. I will never miss a day without coffee though, especially when I need to write creatively.
Nathrad Sheare

Post by Nathrad Sheare »

Really? Coffee makes you fall asleep? Well, I guess there IS such a thing as a caffeine crash... Still, I kinda like Syzygii's idea... Of course, I never order anything but an ENORMOUS when I want a Frappuccino from Starbuck's. Hey, I have a fast metabolism...
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream at night.

-Edgar Allan Poe
terrametoo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terrametoo.html

Post by terrametoo »

I usually drink one cup of coffee in the morning and herbal teas throughout the day, especially peppermint in the afternoon and chamomile before bed.
Nathrad Sheare

Post by Nathrad Sheare »

A newbie! I like chamomile, too. Its taste is best when the flu is ravaging your body... Works like a charm on a queasy stomach... That and ginger ale. I used to love it when I was little and my mom would put a little honey in it to soothe my throat.

-Edgar Allan Poe
missydawnx
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missydawnx.html

Post by missydawnx »

I prefer tea with 2 sugars and lots of milk.
Nathrad Sheare

Post by Nathrad Sheare »

Ever had cold Chai with sugar, cream, and vanilla? To die for. I also love chocolate tea with a little nutmeg. Got that recipe off the side of a Lipton box of tea bags... :D Any excuse to use chocolate!

-Edgar Allan Poe
Charles

Post by Charles »

I'm a coffee drinker, whose developing a taste for tea. I don't add anything to them, I just love them the way they are.
Nathrad Sheare

Post by Nathrad Sheare »

My mom and sister really like chamomile just plain. Something about there being enough flavor in the teas themselves. It's true that some taste better without anything added. I used to drink tea every day all day, and our cupboards were about falling open because of how many boxes of tea I had stored... My mom also likes Lipton black with honey on ice.

-Edgar Allan Poe
tstaf4d
Favorite Book: My Name is Memory
Currently Reading: Marcelo in the Real World
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tstaf4d.html

Post by tstaf4d »

I drink both when I write. I usually start out with coffee and then taper into tea. I drink about two coffee mugs (with cream and sugar) without even opening my laptop. I sit and zone out for about thirty minutes and then I open my laptop and begin reading over what I have written already (correcting and adding as I go). By the time I get to the end of what I have written I step away and make a pot of tea and then launch into writing.
"Words are heavy" The Book Thief
authorkcfinn
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authorkcfinn.html

Post by authorkcfinn »

Tea in a mug that holds about three quarters of a pint, which then allows me to write a few thousand words without having to get up to refill!
Nathrad Sheare

Post by Nathrad Sheare »

A reasonably arranged convenience! Ha, ha! I like to use a Keurig for quick coffee when I really need to get to work!

-Edgar Allan Poe
authorkcfinn
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authorkcfinn.html

Post by authorkcfinn »

If you google 'Sports Direct Mug' you'll see the size of what I'm talking about! I can't post the image here because I am a new member so no image links yet.
Suziewoj+
Favorite Author: Rumi
Favorite Book: Winter Garden
Currently Reading: The Goldfinch

Post by Suziewoj+ »

Most certainly coffee and lots of it. I drink at least two full pots of black coffee each day. The days that I write, I drink more..I refuse to admit that I have a drinking problem :)

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”