Coffee or Tea?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Re: Coffee or Tea?

Post by AA1495 »

Clifora wrote:I usually drink tea. Chinese tea - especially green tea. I feel that drinking tea helps me to focus better and it also helps to calm my nerves.
Chinese tea? green tea? How do you like the taste? I couldn't get myself to have it more than once :lol:
red_velvet_girl7
Favorite Author: sylvia day
Currently Reading: Out of the Box Everlasting
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-red-velvet-girl7.html
fav_author_id: 3447

Post by red_velvet_girl7 »

Definitely Coffee. But if I can't have coffee then tea.
MarkWNeville
Currently Reading: Desire for Life
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by MarkWNeville »

I mostly drink coffee!!! Strong, dark roast, and black. However, I do also drink herbal teas for my health.
SandraTWP-BRW
Currently Reading: 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandratwp-brw.html
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by SandraTWP-BRW »

Ah.

I love coffee. I learned to drink it in Italy, and while ours isn't like theirs, I brought my love back with me. I personally prefer my coffee with a non-dairy creamer (almond or coconut based), a bit of vanilla, and sweetened. But I'd take black coffee happily before no coffee.

For something special, I'll brew it with some cardamom as well as vanilla.

I like tea, but drink it iced in the summer, and hot in the winter.

Here's the (sad) thing. My body just can't handle the caffeine. A cup of coffee or even an iced tea too late in the day, and I will feel it late in the evening. It's amazing how the body can be fatigued, yet unable to sleep. So, my coffee is savored before noon, with a possible cup of decaf in the evening. I stick with decaf for holiday dinners, too.
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
pmllsps
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by pmllsps »

I drink at least two cups of coffee every day. I like hot tea in the winter and ice tea in the summer.
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

Maybe it's weird but I don't like coffee nor tea. I don't like hot drinks usually but sometimes I enjoy a cup of Nescafe. I also don't smoke.
MorganTaylor
Currently Reading: Jane Eyre
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgantaylor.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MorganTaylor »

I'm British so take a guess :wink: ! Seriously, I quite like a good cup of tea while writing, though I've found that sometimes I prefer more unique teas if I'm trying to be creative, whether that's peppermint or berry! But if I'm just getting down to business and writing an essay for example a good cup of regular tea will do me just fine! :D
Aleah
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleah.html

Post by Aleah »

Definitely tea! My dad loves coffee with a passion I just don't understand. I find that it's easier for me to do work while drinking a cup of tea!
Lazy Lioness
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lazy-lioness.html

Post by Lazy Lioness »

Hands down coffee. I drink it in certain ways depending on my mood. For example, I could be feeling....grouchy and just exahausted and I take comfort in hot, sugary, and no milk coffee but if im already in a some what happy mood I go for a more flavourful coffee.
As for rituals I wouldn't say I have any but then again I don't really think of what I do before I sit down and read into a new world.
Zoey141
Currently Reading: elephant vanishes
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by Zoey141 »

Tea! Tea! Tea!
Ruth_Jamison
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-jamison.html

Post by Ruth_Jamison »

Like most coffee drinkers, I gotta have it before I can do much of anything else. In that sense, it's not exactly part of my writing process.

But my "process" is ever-changing. Sometimes the urge to write a poem that pops into my head interrupts all functions of every day life - I could be sleeping, doing the dishes, talking to my lover, and I just have to stop, find my notebook, and get it down on the page before it's gone.

Other times I feel a sort of nagging at the back of mind telling me I'm ready to say something on the paper but I don't know what it is. At these times, I try to give myself the space and time to find it - sometimes that means doing yoga, going on a walk, or maybe having a cup of tea ;) (with my notebook close at hand of course).

There are also times when I just want to write but don't (or think I don't) have anything in particular to say and I just sit with my pen and paper until something comes out.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning or on a rainy, chilly day when I curl up under the blanket with a book. I prefer mine sweet. I've gradually weaned myself off adding sugar, but love flavored creamer and sometimes whipped cream. One of my favorites to make in my Keurig is coconut mocha coffee with almond joy creamer and coconut whipped cream. It's also really good with vanilla coffee. When I drink tea, it's a fruity, sweet iced tea. Peach and raspberry are my favorite.
Dgould630

Post by Dgould630 »

Absolutely coffee with cream an sugar. Tea for some reason makes me nauseas
EdelRae
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edelrae.html

Post by EdelRae »

I love coffee but it gives me the jitters. Been drinking herbal tea a lot recently.
Sol Joy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sol-joy.html

Post by Sol Joy »

There are moments when I prefer neither...but the rest of the time I am a total tea-aholic! I love green tea and any type of fruit flavored tea. I prefer honey to sugar and I will take it hot or cold.

I write in my office with the window open in the summer and cracked during the other 3 seasons.

I just recently fell in love with Tazo brand tea? What brand do you guys enjoy?

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”