Coffee or Tea?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Carmeljt100
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmeljt100.html

Re: Coffee or Tea?

Post by Carmeljt100 »

I am a tea drinker. I love green tea. I will have a cup of coffee every now and then.
Mys
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys.html

Post by Mys »

Hot cocoa is the best, just a fact.

However I prefer both beverages. Coffee in the morning and tea at night.

I do not allow drinks when working since I am clumsy with them.
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

Non-caffeinated oolong or green tea always does the trick for me. I go non-caffeinated because caffeine doesn't really affect me much. The tea is mostly a ritual for calming my nerves instead of pepping me up.
mhawki36
Currently Reading: Doing Time
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhawki36.html

Post by mhawki36 »

I am a fan of both, however, coffee makes me crash hard in comparison to tea. When I am really looking to focus on something such as writing I typically reach for tea, or only drink coffee during my work and then move to more physically stimulating things to take my mind off of the jitters. Green tea is probably my favorite; in the summertime I am a total sucker for the Green Tea Frap at Starbucks. So refreshing! My goal is to get a variety of teas at my new place so I can enjoy it more often. It definitely helps me get into a more focused mindset.
JessieMarie84
Currently Reading: Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessiemarie84.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Post by JessieMarie84 »

Tea. Sweet ice cold tea. That's how I take my caffeine. No smoking either. Asthma couldn't handle it. I have to watch how much caffeine I take in because so much of it actually makes me sleepy. They say that's what happens when you have ADHD and intake caffeine. I can't say for sure, I've never been diagnosed. My son has and everything he deals with is just like his mother.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
SueD50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sued50.html

Post by SueD50 »

I prefer coffee over tea. I love the taste of it and the smell...well there's nothing like it.
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

Tea! The different varieties in my area make it more available for me than coffee could be. Also, I can't really stand the taste or caffeine content of most coffees by comparison. :?
Srosemautner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srosemautner.html

Post by Srosemautner »

I drink both with much admiration, but I would give up a good many things in my life first before coffee.
1337gollum
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1337gollum.html

Post by 1337gollum »

I cannot live without my cuppa tea. I'll have at least 2 cups a day. I tend to get distracted quite often, so I like to have an excuse to get up and refill it with whatever it needs. I quite fancy puting at least a quarter of milk. Tasting the sweetness and calculating in my mind the ratio of water to milk while it's in my mouth calms me. So if I get distracted when I'm writing, instead of having to get up, I'll just reach over to get a sip and thats often enough. I love all tea, sometimes I'll even mix flavours, new combinations give me a rush. Chai, green, rose, black, Earl grey, you name it. Chilled tea is suitable for rewarding myself while hot tea is more calming.
Coffee would be a second choice. Black if I want to discipline myself but sweet if I'm feeling cheeky. I guess its good for all nighters, since creativity tends to be at its peak in the evening.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I don't drink tea or coffee but I do do a mug of hot chocolate or sometimes just chocolate milk if it's not terribly cold out.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Erik
Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Post by Erik »

Both.
Tea with breakfast and mid-afternoon, if my assistant can pull me away from work to actually take the break.
Coffee whenever, especially when I am deeply involved in work.
Coffee with a bit of brandy in it after dinner is a must.
I am also very partial to hot apple cider.

I drink about five cups of coffee and two cups of tea a day, so I suppose I am caffeine-powered.
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

I drink both...first thing in the morning I have 2 cups of Dunkin Donuts blueberry flavored coffee with French vanilla cream. During the day I like various teas...chai, black, pumpkin spice, whatever I have on the shelf.
Kb3ck
Currently Reading: Two by Two
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kb3ck.html
Latest Review: "Brown Scarf Blues" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Kb3ck »

Coffee is my vice. I cannot make it through the day without at least one cup of warm coffee in the morning. Every now and then when I need a little pick-me-up in the evening I will buy some iced coffee. Caramel and French vanilla are my favorite flavors. Typically I only drink tea when I can feel a cold coming on. Green tea makes me feel better in a jiffy! My favorite green tea also has some super fruits mixed in to kick the emerging cold to the curb.
Latest Review: "Brown Scarf Blues" by Mois Benarroch
sherriska--22
Currently Reading: Maniac Magee[ MANIAC MAGEE ] By Spinelli, Jerry
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sherriska-22.html

Post by sherriska--22 »

I am a have to have it every morning coffee drinker. Been known to make a few cups ahead if there is any chance of losing power.
HOWEVER...
I only drink herbal tea when it's writing time. Two specific mugs, kept up high where no one else can randomly use them. Large mugs, one from Goodwill with a faded flower design and a chip on the lip, and the other an eye-warming orange with dark green design from a small place on Cape Cod.
The tea sachets are from Harney and Sons, of which I have an entire cabinet full. Favorites? Strawberry or blueberry green for first drafts, and mint verbena for edits.
Erik
Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Post by Erik »

As much as I like coffee and tea, I have never gotten into these fancy, gourmet versions that seem so popular. I don't go in for coffee that sounds like a chemistry experiment or tea that reads like the list on the side of a bottle of weed-killer. Just plain old coffee, the stronger the better - frequently playing host to a shot of brandy, and plain old tea - Earl Grey, usually with lemon.

My assistant breezes in of a morning, with her travel mug full of something she swears is coffee... but it smells nothing like coffee at all. Most of the time, it smells like a vaguely chemical-ish chocolate, with a note of some sort of very obviously artificial hazelnut in there. She's after me to try it. I tell her that I'm wise to her attempts to poison her boss.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”