Coffee or Tea?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Clifora
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clifora.html
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps

Re: Coffee or Tea?

Post by Clifora »

I usually drink tea. Chinese tea - especially green tea. I feel that drinking tea helps me to focus better and it also helps to calm my nerves.
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”

— T.S. Eliot
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps
Shellbee_Lynn
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellbee-lynn.html

Post by Shellbee_Lynn »

I've always enjoyed myself a big mug of coffee. My mother hates when I drink coffee in front of her because she puts so much creamer in hers, while I hardly put any in mine! I just find it relaxing but awakening at the same time. Tea is healthy on the other hand..
Peterson4
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Peterson4 »

I take tea frequently but I seldom take coffee while smoking is out of my list
Jenevieve
Currently Reading: Carry On
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Jenevieve »

I like tea--Earl grey, chamomile, some packs of Japanese mixes I don't know the translations for. I always like to add honey, and if it's a bagged tea I'll reuse it with another cup of hot water.

As for coffee...I enjoy it hot as well, though mostly iced decaf with some skim milk.
emthomas1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B0163GNS5S

Post by emthomas1 »

16 ozs of caff coffee in the AM, 8 ozs of decaf in the PM, always black. Typically a chamomile tea for dinner.
E.M. Thomas
Lady Countryrose
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-countryrose.html

Post by Lady Countryrose »

If I feel like I don't have a brain in the morning, its coffee. Otherwise its tea or I'm up all night.
elanger333
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elanger333.html
Latest Review: "Roadblocks, the warning signs" by KENNETH H B ADDERLEY

Post by elanger333 »

I heard that coffee stimulates the right hemisphere of the brain - at least that's what they told us at the Brain Balance Center. I tend to prefer black coffee for creativity and relaxation. I like tea, but the smell just doesn't get me as excited.
Latest Review: "Roadblocks, the warning signs" by KENNETH H B ADDERLEY
Serena [Poetree]
Currently Reading: Earthkeepers
Bookshelf Size: 638
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serena-poetree.html
Latest Review: "Ring of Fire" by Stevie Rae Causey

Post by Serena [Poetree] »

I don't like coffee, so tea is my brew of choice! Black tea, green tea, herbal tea, iced, hot, in a latte... it doesn't matter. I love tea!
Latest Review: "Ring of Fire" by Stevie Rae Causey
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Coffee is always a must first thing in the morning! However, I can't have more then one cup a day or I'm a jittery mess! I am a big fan of tea - pretty much any kind! But my favorites are variations on green teas, especially any type of berry green tea. I am also a fan of herbal teas when writing later at night - I find when my mind is soothed and more at ease, the writing seems to flow better!
Emerald_Lynn
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerald-lynn.html

Post by Emerald_Lynn »

I'm more partial towards coffee especially since it's an important neuro-stimulant that encourages writing. Plus, it tastes delicious so how could I not love it??
jhmende
Currently Reading: The Bible
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhmende.html
Latest Review: "Blowing Sandstorm" by Horace Crenshaw, Jr.

Post by jhmende »

My absolute favorite drink is chai. I like it sweet and milky and very warm. It helps me get through hard days.
Latest Review: "Blowing Sandstorm" by Horace Crenshaw, Jr.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

I like one cup of Tea in a day, whenever it may be. I wouldn't want to consume any more caffeine. Nothing fancy about it though - standard mugs and milk
smhawkins
Currently Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smhawkins.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Post by smhawkins »

Hah, what a great thread.

I have a chronic digestive disorder and as much as I love the taste of coffee, I must deny myself the pleasure.

I've learned to drink decaffeinated tea. My favorite is a Lemon Ginger tea with Probiotics. You can usually get it pretty cheap at any grocery store. It's a yellow box. I usually ooze out a generous helping of honey and have it whenever I'm in the mood. It's just soothing to the throat and stomach. Probably more of a night time ritual.
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
Sparklingbear25

Post by Sparklingbear25 »

As a beginner blogger/ work from home young woman, my go to drink is always coffee. I own a French press as it allows me to enjoy my morning cup of coffee along with my bible study before work. A simple cup with cream and sugar.
Mp_218

Post by Mp_218 »

Coffee tea is never in my cup....*sips coffee*

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”