Do you write while in nature or sitting by the water?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
ElizaPeaks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Do you write while in nature or sitting by the water?

Post by ElizaPeaks »

For me, writing is less about the location and more about my tools! I can write just about anywhere and do enjoy writing outdoors, but my laptop is just too cumbersome to drag around with me. So, to remedy this, I bought a foldable Bluetooth keyboard for my phone! It fits in a small purse or even in my back pocket if I'm wearing the right pair of jeans, and it has incredible battery life. It gave me a lot more mobility!
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

I generally focus better inside and at a desk. Sometimes I'll play some music in the background. When I'm outside I get distracted by bugs and harsh sunlight.
cdhundley
Currently Reading: The Book of Man
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdhundley.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Post by cdhundley »

I prefer the water, but wherever I am, I need really effective bug spray. For me, writing and mosquitoes/gnats/flies/etc. do not mix. I usually handwrite on the beach or outside. Sometimes, I'll use my cellphone. But I can't do laptop writing, or proofing of any kind unless I'm at a desk, indoors.
"Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." Marcus Aurelius
Dan_Wellock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-wellock.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Dan_Wellock »

Writing in nature is really refreshing and nice. It can help especially in nature scenes in your stories and novels. Writing in nature sometimes seems like how writing was meant to be. Poetry and descriptive songs can take inspiration from being outside.
“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray :techie-studyinggray:
Wisdom begins in wonder.” Socrates :techie-reference:
DD129
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dd129.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by DD129 »

When inspiration strikes me, I write. If it happens outside, I use my phone. However, I prefer writing indoors using my laptop. It's faster to type on a keyboard than on a phone. I can also play background music that will help me imagine a scene better. I feel too stiff when I have to write at a desk, though, so I'd rather be in bed when I write.

Return to “Writing Discussion”