Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Writing » Writing Discussion

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Unfinished Novels?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published

Re: Unfinished Novels?

Post Number:#16 by Rebecca Henderson
» 27 Apr 2017, 22:03

Is it a sign of a procrastinating writer as well to have unfinished novels? I'm embarrassed to admit that I've got a few that need some good attention, but I tend to start new writing projects and then get focused on them for a bit before I move on to the next idea.

I haven't yet found a way to just focus on one and see it through to the end. I find it hard these days to find enough time to spend on my works and when I do . . . I don't have writer's block. I have revision block.
Rebecca Henderson's Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Rebecca Henderson

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 200 Books
Goal Completion: 9%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by Vivian Paschal
» 09 Jun 2017, 12:02

They are all over the place. Sometimes I get stuck on the very first chapter. Sometimes, I get halfway and dump it. Sometimes, I finish but choose to start again for improvement purposes, and never finish. My mum keeps asking if I've finished any. I have finished a few, but that's if you define finishing as just being done with writing but with a lot of editing to do.
Vivian Paschal's Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Vivian Paschal

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 10 Books
Goal Completion: 30%

Post Number:#18 by rhiza021
» 15 Jun 2017, 05:45

I do have some unfinished stories. I want to continue them but I find it hard to continue or finishing up a story rather than starting a new one.
rhiza021's Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
rhiza021

Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 33 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#19 by emersendarco
» 02 Jul 2017, 21:51

I have plenty of these. Some I add to when I get a random thought. For the the most part I move on and create a new story, the rest remain unfinished. My first story took three years and 1,060 pages. Since then, I story hop. I try to change then genre but I also end up back at action romance or thriller romance.
emersendarco

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7 books

Post Number:#20 by TrishaAnn92
» 03 Jul 2017, 09:32

I have several. One connected to the story that I am determined to finish (I am in the middle of a rewrite), and several others that I am keeping quiet about because I intend to see them finished as well. They all circulate in some way around Romance and I seem to keep falling into the Paranormal scene. I do have one that falls into the Dystopian scene and I plan to work on that one once I am finished with the current series I am writing.

I have not gotten published yet, but it is a dream and a goal.
‘A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,’ said Jojen. ‘The man who never reads lives only one.’

– George R. R. Martin

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
-Harry Potter
Publishing Contest ~ 20 Votes ~ View TrishaAnn92's Entry
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month

Favorite Book: The Messenger (2)
Currently Reading: The Last Valentine
Bookshelf Size: 179 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 90 Books
Goal Completion: 12%

Post Number:#21 by DDunstock
» 05 Jul 2017, 07:14

Rebeccaej wrote:I'm halfway through my second draft, and I'm kinda loosing steam...

I feel you. I'm 5 chapters into my first novel and losing that spark I had when I started writing it ... love/hate relationship with my work processor right now.
DDunstock

Currently Reading: Playing House
Bookshelf Size: 288 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 48 Books
Goal Completion: 66%

Post Number:#22 by Mashell Chapeyama
» 06 Jul 2017, 01:01

O! Yaa, I have a number of unfinished books at different stages of development. Most of these seem complete but they need editing and thorough revision. I am confident they may be published but the issue of poor payment for books in my country has disheartened me. I find more solace in writing articles and material online.
Mashell Chapeyama

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)

Post Number:#23 by hlc85
» 07 Aug 2017, 01:28

I have a number of unfinished works, waiting to be completed. Like toys on a shelf, these works were abandoned because real life got in the way. I try to write everyday, but I can not seem to focus long enough to make noticeable dents. My life goal is finish just one piece of literature.
hlc85

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#24 by Leximillion
» 11 Aug 2017, 14:20

I have a few, two unfinished from high school and a few from failed NaNoWriMo attempts. I just became uninspired for some reason. :/
Leximillion

Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 6 books
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books

Post Number:#25 by Femisam
» 13 Aug 2017, 04:54

Wow! Reading the comments in this section gives me the courage to go back to the series of novels that i have not finished. Knowing that i am not alone in this is quite encouraging. So i think i will have to get back to them and finish them one after the other. The issue with me is that writing may get really boring especially when i am lost of ideas.
Femisam's Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
Femisam

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0 books

View Reviewer Page

Previous