Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.
If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.
If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Mar 2017, 03:50
- Bookshelf Size: 0
The cop car pulled up to the black, rusted, and broken gate leading up to the abandoned mansion of Dam Street. They were responding to noise complaint from the neighbors. The two officers got out of their car and were walking up to the front door thinking it was just high school students having a party inside, they were dead wrong. When they got to the front door they heard screaming coming from inside, without hesitation they busted down the door to find a blood bath.
“Hey, Sandy you going to Chris’s party Friday night?” asked a boy in a sports letterman’s jacket he was tall, dark hair, and very appealing to the high school cheerleaders. His name was Johnny, he played for the Gorillas high school baseball team he always played left field he never let a ball hit the ground. He was very smart he had a scholarship to Cal-Maritime academy in Oroville, CA.
“I don’t know I am supposed to babysit that night for the Walsh’s and I know Brent is going to be stupid drunk there.” Said Sandy walking to class it was fourth period she had history. She was the smartest student at Gorilla’s high school. She has blonde hair, green eyes, and always wore a pretty outfit that has all the guys looking at her.
They were both walking at a steady place Johnny rested against the classroom bell trying desperately to get Sandy to go, but she wasn’t budging an inch. The bell rang everyone entered the classroom and took their seats Johnny started walking then yelled something.
“Well if you don’t want to go, can I come over and you can help me with math!” asked Johnny hoping that Sandy would say yes to his proposal. Right before Sandy entered the classroom Johnny’s phone goes off buzzing it was his dad sending him a text message then it buzzes again an this time it was Sandy she said she would love to help him with his math homework.
Johnny texts back can’t wait for Friday night, then looks at his dad’s message. His dad works at the highly classified army base research and development lab hidden in the forest. His dad wants Johnny to stop by after school. Johnny is hoping that he didn’t do something wrong, so he texts back saying I’ll be there as soon as possible. He decided it was best if he wasn’t late to his math class, so he sprinted to the class barely making it on time.
After school, Johnny got into his f-100 pickup that his father bought him for his birthday. He took the back road to the entrance. He was stopped by a military guard. They knew each other and the guard asked what he did now. Johnny shrugged his shoulders and drove through parking by the gate. He made his way to the lab where his father worked, but his father seemed to have disappeared he wasn’t there.
Johnny walked back outside and asked the guard if his dad left the base? The guard seemed confused, the only way in or out was through the gate or underground tunnels. The base wasn’t that big even a guard could see everything for half a mile. Johnny’s father never left his car was still there parked in its usual parking spot. Johnny showed the guard the text from his father.
Maybe he went into the mess hall while I was on break. Said the guard, the guard pointed to a big tent like building in the middle of the base. Johnny started walking to the mess hall when he heard gun fire coming from the lab. The guard and Johnny quickly went to go investigate, what they saw was horrific. Blood was all over the walls, the lab was a complete wreck and in the corner was Johnny’s father holding an m16 assault rifle in his hands cursing with every breath he took.
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 11 Oct 2016, 15:06
- 2017 Reading Goal: 2
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 400
- Bookshelf Size: 20
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karolinka.html
- Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
- Reading Device: 1400698987
- Location: Denton, TX
- A. Beauchamp.
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 12 Oct 2016, 04:22
- 2017 Reading Goal: 0
- Currently Reading: Bad Boys Boxed Set
- Bookshelf Size: 44
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
- Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
- Location: dewitt ia
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 17 Jun 2017, 09:50
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 4
- Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas
- Bookshelf Size: 15
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abfaniki.html
- Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
that my opinion.
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 30 Jun 2017, 03:06
- 2017 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65134">The Limitless Real Estate Leader</a>
- Currently Reading: Sylvio: Past and Present
- Bookshelf Size: 177
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- Posts: 5408
- Joined: 04 Mar 2017, 19:27
- 2017 Reading Goal: 400
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 45
- Bookshelf Size: 728
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
- Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
- Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
- Location: Lost in My Imagination
"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
- Posts: 70
- Joined: 05 May 2017, 22:35
- 2017 Reading Goal: 20
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 5
- Currently Reading: Elf Brief
- Bookshelf Size: 24
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicquill.html
- Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
- Posts: 293
- Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 10:50
- Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
- Bookshelf Size: 16
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
- Latest Review: "Mining for Alaskan Adentures" by Rose Rybachek
- Posts: 803
- Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01
- 2018 Reading Goal: 2
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
- Bookshelf Size: 108
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
- Latest Review: That Place of Knowledge by Philip Alan Shalka
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 20 Dec 2017, 05:09
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 1
- Currently Reading: Gentleman in Moscow
- Bookshelf Size: 13
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie.html
- Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi
- Location: Glasgow