Are you a quiet person? Are most writers quiet?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Re: Are you a quiet person? Are most writers quiet?

Post by Lhammamy »

I became a more quiet person after I discovered my love for writing. It was like I just started discovering my true self after it. Although sometimes I'm thought to be a more active person, but I am a typical introvert that finds herself cozy at home with a piece of paper and a cup of coffee.
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

I think I'm both, however, there's a reason for this. Before I learned that I loved reading and writing, I was a talkative person. And I still be. But after I discovered this other side of me, I felt the need to speak less.

Writers usually talk with their letters, texts, paragraphs and books. I do believe that their are not introvert people, what happen is that they have so many things to say that they prefer to write books, so that every thought they have is known by everyone.
Emidio Mikwate
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio-mikwate.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Emidio Mikwate »

In the past, I used to think that writers were quiet. But now I do not buy that if a person is quiet is because of the personality of that person. I great writers who are very extrovert and others introvert as well,
Wildflowertheorist
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

Linda wrote: 28 Jan 2007, 18:22 yea im not quiet at all unless i just have no idea who you are...and even then i might start a conversation with you. but def. after everyone drinks they are more willing to put themselves out there and talk. i've heard i get louder lol but when i actually am i the process of writing i find i really rather be by myself. i HATE when people try to look at what im writing.
A lot of this is me.
I love love love conversing but I get shy around strangers and warm up to them minutes later. I am always loud I feel but never has anyone complained.
And I definitely hate it when people try to peep into whatever I'm writing. I so disliked the teachers who'd be lurking around while I'm writing the exam. It made me feel awful.
Can't I write an exam in peace!
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Millene2004
Currently Reading: Chasing the Red Queen
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-millene2004.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by Millene2004 »

I love to write and I'm definitely not quiet.
DarellHershey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DarellHershey »

As a person with hyperacusis (hearing sensitivity) and ADHD, I really am a quiet person and I also need quiet places to write. I'm not that much of a talker so I just write everything. When my wife and I became parents it was a struggle at first because of the crying and all the stress but I somehow learned to channel that to my writing and I've been writing a lot better. I am also wearing earplugs now made by Big Ear. They are custom made with filters and stuff. It's a must-have for me.
Quinton Lester
2021 Reading Goal: 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinton-lester.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Quinton Lester »

I am a very quiet and shy person. I started writing poetry to express myself, to say the words that I wouldn't say out loud. It took me years to open up and start sharing my writing even now I still hesitate to
SavvyWriter36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by SavvyWriter36 »

Not necessarily. All writers may not be quiet people but to be an accomplished author you must be loud with your thoughts and express them creatively and clearly.
Mishkah Simons
2021 Reading Goal: 10
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mishkah-simons.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Mishkah Simons »

I dont think that all writers are quiet. I am a quiet person and I have so many thoughts, feelings and opinions on my mind that I would find comfort in letting it all out by writing; which is something most people do, I'm sure.
Elisan
Currently Reading: Acts of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Elisan »

I write, and I'm a quiet person too. I know there are writers who are "Very Social Persons", and love writing in public and in noisy environments, talking to others about their work. I'm not so, I need silence and solitude.
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by EternalD »

Writers, like philosophers, have to have time alone to themselves. I am outgoing, but I have to have alone time to myself sometimes.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading: The Queen of Xana
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

I am an introvert and yes, I'm a quiet person. I usually express myself through writing.

Return to “Writing Discussion”