Do you ever feel like not writing?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Abigail09
2018 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 4

Do you ever feel like not writing?

Post by Abigail09 »

I have realized the strong connection between thoughts and writing. Even when I feel mentally tired of writing, thoughts (inspiration) fly in at that exact time/moment, making me want to pen something down.

So, I want to know.
Do you ever feel like not writing/mentally tired of writing or its just the physical exhaustion for you?

KS Crooks
Favorite Author: Matthew Reilly
Favorite Book: Voyage of the Dawntreader
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 7607

Post by KS Crooks »

I sure do. I like to take a break after writing a novel. It usually stems around me not wanting to edit yet. For the next three to five weeks I read and record any ideas that come to me. I'm not a professional writer or plan to be any time soon, so I don't treat my writing as such. I compare it to physical training. I do so on a regular basis, but I'm not a professional athlete so I don't need to train week in and week out.

Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: The ultimate love by Sherine Anniruth

Post by Lhammamy »

I have these times a lot. I have times of strong inspiration and it then just seems to block. In these times I feel depressed, but I try to focus on reading or walking in new places... This is what gives me new ideas and inspires me always.

emidio125
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by emidio125 »

I do think that our mind has limit, if you overcome that limit while writing, you will that at end your writings won't be as good as they should be.

Return to “Writing Discussion”