Misaela
Currently Reading: Catch-22
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misaela.html
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Overall Rating and Opinion of Inferno

Post by Misaela »

Kayo Smada wrote:As a fan of Dan Brown, I really enjoyed this book. I'm also a fan of the character of Robert Langdon, and I'm glad he brought him back. It was an easy read and kept me turning pages, like all of his other books.
Seeing that you have read his other books, would you recommend that I read them as well? If so, would you read it in a specific order?
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

I enjoyed Angels and Demons and felt disappointed in Lost Symbol and Da Vinci Code, but the Inferno exceeded my expectations. It was back to the writing style and mystery that we seen in Angels and Demons.
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
Rizbi
Currently Reading: The Girl in the Spider's Web
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizbi.html
Latest Review: "Patrick's Journey" by Roy T Humphreys
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Rizbi »

I think anyone who likes Dan Brown’s style would like this one. It’s got his usual run-in-a-maze-puzzle-solving-while-running-for-your-life storyline, with some dash of history. The idea being you would feel as if you are personally running and solving it with them. I have read all his books and while I appreciated this style initially, I personally felt that this one is a tad too formulaic.
Latest Review: "Patrick's Journey" by Roy T Humphreys
Sarah G
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-g.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II
fav_author_id: 4040

Post by Sarah G »

I enjoyed the book and the science aspect greatly. As normal for Dan Brown, really gets you thinking. I think parts of it were exaggerated to add extra drama to the book, but if taken with a pinch of salt this book is quite enjoyable. I really do like the character Robert Langdon.
David Bowman
Favorite Author: James Joyce
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Ulysses</a>
Currently Reading: Echo
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-bowman.html
Latest Review: "Earth Angel" by Alex Apostol
fav_author_id: 2516

Post by David Bowman »

gali wrote:I liked his "The DaVinci Code", but think he is repeating himself in his other books. I will pass out this book.
I've been getting the same feeling, too. I hadn't read Angels and Demons yet, but I read The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol and didn't like them. A lot of people on this thread seem to enjoy Inferno, but I'm not sure if I should read it or not. The Divine Comedy is one of the greatest works I have ever laid eyes on, but I'm a little wary as to what Dan Brown might do with it.
Latest Review: "Earth Angel" by Alex Apostol
baasil999
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baasil999.html

Post by baasil999 »

Er, I will give my rating after I read this book well. I think it will be a very nice book or at least good to read :?
Aithne
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aithne.html
Latest Review: "Chains of Mist" by T.C. Metivier

Post by Aithne »

I really struggle with Dan Brown's writing and find the subject matter difficult to wade through, but I can see the merits of the complicated plots and the drama of the high-impact action. As others have said, I've read parts of earlier books before I gave up but I'm unsure whether it's worth trying again.
Latest Review: "Chains of Mist" by T.C. Metivier
j p gilbert
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-p-gilbert.html
Latest Review: "An ABC of Prostate Cancer in 2015" by Alan G Lawrenson
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by j p gilbert »

I like Dan Brown. I think his books are written with today’s face paced mentality in mind. I have not read Inferno, but I am pretty certain it will not be a let-down.
Some say our future is written, mine must be in invisible ink.
Latest Review: "An ABC of Prostate Cancer in 2015" by Alan G Lawrenson
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

U did enjoy the book as I previously stated, but I expected more from it, what I was expecting I am not sure. I'm a literature fanatic so when I seen it revolved around Dante's Inferno I got excited. I didn't see a lot of references to the epic poem.
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
hkachelmeier
Currently Reading: The Sound of Our Steps
Bookshelf Size: 1104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hkachelmeier.html

Post by hkachelmeier »

I really enjoyed Inferno. I think Robert Langdon is a great character. He is fantastic about teaching ideas to the reader without the reader feeling educated. The book never feels like "homework" it feels like good entertainment and suspense. I enjoyed the fact that it had a slightly different feel than The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I actually enjoyed this book more than The Da Vinci Code and recommend Inferno for someone who is looking for a good suspense novel.
TeaAndSpooks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 50187">The Girl from the Well</a>
Currently Reading: The Bionics
Bookshelf Size: 347
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teaandspooks.html
Latest Review: "Fantasy or Reality" by Ruth Andrews Garnes

Post by TeaAndSpooks »

I am a HUGE fan of all of Dan Brown's works. He does extensive research, sometimes taking as long as 4-6 years before actually writing a book. Inferno is probably my favorite in the Robert Langdon series, as it's setting and subject matter really appeals to the historic and scientific interests I hold. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes historic fiction, science fiction, murder mysteries and reading books that are completely immersive. Because this book has it all!
Latest Review: "Fantasy or Reality" by Ruth Andrews Garnes
Carmen
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmen.html

Post by Carmen »

When reading Dan Brown- its like being in a great history class. His research and detail makes the book as memorable as the character Robert Langdon. The constant lessons and finding of hidden passages and societies is reminiscent of National Treasure movies. Overall, very entertaining and almost educational.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I've read all of Dan Brown's books and I am a huge fan of his. Inferno did not disappoint me. I loved the book and I would totally recommend it to anyone. The book was action packed and fast-paced and towards the end of the book I found myself conflicted, like some of the characters about what is right and what is wrong. The plot and ideas from this book have still stayed in my head to this day.
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Post by Taylor Razzani »

I ended up liking this book more than I thought. I loved Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code was decent, not a huge fan of the Lost Symbol, I felt like at that point his style was getting a little old. Interesting, but after three books with the same premise I was worried Inferno wouldn't be very exciting. I agree that it felt a little different than his other books for some reason and I loved the Dante theme that ran through the whole book. I like the pace his books take, and all throughout you get to visit new locations and learn some new facts.

Spoiler Alert: I liked the shift that the virus took. As soon as Sienna said it wasn't a plague I had a feeling it would make people infertile. The suspense up until then was well hyped and I thought what the virus actually was brought up interesting talking points. It was talked about through the whole book as well, but I liked the twist that the virus took, definitely wasn't what I expected.
snowflake7411
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake7411.html

Post by snowflake7411 »

I enjoyed reading this book and finished it in two days. I will admit I had Google handy to translate and look places and paintings up. Over all I was hooked from start to finish.

Return to “"Inferno" by Dan Brown”