Total votes: 121

Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Re: Overall Rating and Opinion of Inferno

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

Like all the other Dan brown books, this is also outstanding. The fast paced action thriller makes you want to reach the final page as soon as you want. But this was a bit different from his other Langdon books. The religious element was a bit lacking. That doesn't mean it's not as interesting as the other books.
srividyag1
Currently Reading: The laws of human nature
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srividyag1.html
Latest Review: The Hungry Heart by Brenda Gayle
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by srividyag1 »

Of Dan Brown's books, I love "The DaVinci Code", "Angels and Demons", "Deception Point" and "Digital Fortress". By the time I reached Inferno, I felt the themes were overused and predictable. I think it is time for Langdon to retire.
- Srividya Giri
Smile more, it's infectious.
Johannak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johannak.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Johannak »

Dan Brown stunned me again by quickly drawing me in with realistic, empathetic characters caught up in a heart-stopping adventure. The transhumanist concept had me shaking my head in despair for the future while turning each page in anticipation.
Intuitive Catalyst
Favorite Book: The Road
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intuitive-catalyst.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Intuitive Catalyst »

Inferno was a good read. However, even though Da Vinci Code is the book that made the splash, I thought Digital Fortress, Angels and Demons and the Lost Symbol were much better.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I had really enjoyed all the Dan Brown books until I read Inferno. Not that the plot wasn't good, but after reading 3 or 4 Brown books, it starts to feel that the elements are same and only minor details are changed with vivid descriptions. Maybe I am alone in my thinking or perhaps it was not a good idea to read just his book one after the other.
Weird_Illustrator
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-weird-illustrator.html
Latest Review: Otherside by Aaron Dennis

Post by Weird_Illustrator »

Like in all of his books (at least the ones I've read so far) I really enjoyed the puzzles and the overall theme this time with the overpopulation of the world is definitely an interesting one
the plot twist was for me less surprising than it probably should have been but I still enjoyed reading it
I would recommend this book especially if you're a fan of his previous works
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

gali wrote: 03 Mar 2014, 22:47 I liked his "The DaVinci Code", but think he is repeating himself in his other books. I will pass out this book.
I wholeheartedly agree with this one. The concept was good, but it didn't take long before it became repetitive and full of clichés. Conspiracy for the sake of conspiracy is not as entertaining when it doesn't come with something new plot wise to spice it up.
Bhuvana Subramanyam
Favorite Book: Lady Smoke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhuvana-subramanyam.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Bhuvana Subramanyam »

Like all Dan Brown books, inferno is also a combination of science, history and adventurous story line. I am a big fan of Dan Brown and would completely recommend you to read it.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

For me Da Vinci Code was far better than Inferno.
dhaval_d84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhaval-d84.html
Latest Review: The Last Assassination by James E Doucette

Post by dhaval_d84 »

I truly admire all of Dan Brown's works for their immaculate details and their perfect blending with a thrilling plot. I love to learn some facts of history, and even sometimes science, through his books. And this one was no exception. The question of population explosion that this book poses is really a serious one and thought-provoking. This book even got me curious to read Dante's Inferno. I hope to accomplish that soon. The character of Robert Langdon is so diligently created, and going through the fast-paced events from his point of view, with his expertise and vulnerabilities, is an absolute delight for readers.
electricapple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-electricapple.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by electricapple »

I really enjoyed Dan Brown’s Inferno. Just as much as I enjoyed The Da Vinci code. He pays a lot of attention to deal and you tell with the way he describes things and places. Even if I’ve never seen the places before, you still get a sense of it from his descriptions. And that plot twist at the end, not expected. I did not see it coming which, is great because I have a highly suspicious mind and can usually predict what’s going to happen next in books. I could not put Inferno down to save my life once I started.
keiyoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keiyoshi.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by keiyoshi »

It might be years late for this reply but Inferno is definitely worth reading! It's contemporary and it's terrifying how relevant it keeps getting. I particularly loved the ending and that's really why I'm disappointed about the movie.
erikamaemarquez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by erikamaemarquez »

I've read this book years ago, and I'm still amazed by Dan Brown's style of writing. I love how thought-provoking it was that kept me turning pages. I am a future language teacher, and I highly recommend this book. This is worth-reading! It's fantastic how Dan Brown took a great effort to research about historical facts. The theme of this popular literature is still relevant up to this day as we are facing our present predicaments such as the spread of novel coronavirus. At first, I found Zobrist's ideologies insane, but then the plot twist gave me goosebumps. His ideologies deeply awaken my mind. After reading the book, I end up contemplating about the destructions and consequences overpopulation brought us. Similarly, how do our leaders respond to this. Must read!
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I've enjoyed all of Dan Brown's books, and this one was no exception.
Njatha77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njatha77.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Njatha77 »

I would definitely recommend it. One of the best thrillers I've ever read. I really love Robert Langdon's series.
"Difficulty keeps it interesting!"

Return to “"Inferno" by Dan Brown”