Role of Pippa

Discuss the January 2014 book of the month "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tart.
steinhm
Currently Reading: The Silent Boy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steinhm.html
Latest Review: "The Mysterious Bakery On Rue De Paris" by Evie Gaughan

Role of Pippa

Post by steinhm »

Hi guys, I've been thinking a lot since I finished the book what the role of Pippa was in it. I saw her role earlier on but was anyone else disappointed that nothing ever came of that? I thought they seemed really good together and in all honesty I quite disliked Kitsey, so in the end having Pippa and Theo not work out was a bit of a let down.

Did anyone else feel the same way? How do you think the story would have been different without Pippa, or had she and Theo actually ended up together?

Just a few thoughts :)
Latest Review: "The Mysterious Bakery On Rue De Paris" by Evie Gaughan
Amheiser
Currently Reading: Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amheiser.html
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel

Post by Amheiser »

I was hoping as the story progressed, that Theo would somehow figure out a way to make his relationship with Pippa work. Maybe that is why at the end of the story, I sort of read this into things that were said. Boris knows there is a bond between Theo and Pippa and sort of gives Theo permission to be with Pippa even though she is with someone else. Also, Theo says that he doesn't think Pippa is right about them not being together because they would bring each other down. When Theo says he can be the strong one to make the relationship work, I would take that to mean that eventually he would follow his heart and make it work to be with Pippa. So that's why I thought Theo and Pippa could be together and Theo would make it work.
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel

Return to “"The Goldfinch" by Donna Tart”